Maschine, so who's got one?

The min I saw one it really grabbed me...I like the way it's designed...I LOVE the lights on it! lol

Yeah so does my little boy, he just can't keep his hands off it, lol. He does look real damn cute with my akg's on, though lol.

So dazeja, did you get it, and what do you think about it? I just copped an mpk49 to go with it, and I am loving it all the more. The pcr500 + 150$ for the mpk and a gigskinz bag for it, I think I did real damn good! Now I just need to figure out how to record with ableton, or at least better than I can now.

I'm on a macbook pro 2.4 ghz with 4gb ram and I can run a bunch of vst's and maschine plus a daw and have no problems at all. I love it.
and just wait till next week! ;) heads are gonna be flipping out.

Damn this thread needs to come back to life, I forgot all about it. But Ya the Maschine is ill. I can't wait for the vintage emulations!! and destructive editing! I really just wish there was an easier way to layer than having to go to the sample/keyboard map page.

Damn this thread needs to come back to life, I forgot all about it. But Ya the Maschine is ill. I can't wait for the vintage emulations!! and destructive editing! I really just wish there was an easier way to layer than having to go to the sample/keyboard map page.

Nicro, have you checked out the new 1.5 beta version? It's out for public testing and is awesome so far!

all that is in the new beta 1.5 update, go download it :cheers:

@ Obi, Not only is it pretty but it can bang!!

@Saintjoe, ya I've been on the NI forums recently seen you up there too, but I'm not comfortable doin the beta download. I'm just gonna have to wait for the final version to be released. But how do you layer now? That was/is one of my biggest complaints

@Saintjoe, ya I've been on the NI forums recently seen you up there too, but I'm not comfortable doin the beta download. I'm just gonna have to wait for the final version to be released. But how do you layer now? That was/is one of my biggest complaints

I hear ya bro, no issues with the beta for me.

you can layer by choosing "add to map" when browsing your drums and such from the controller.

It's an option similar to the "pattern" function when loading kits, you toggle it on and off.

Nice!! That is one of the things I really like about Maschine, the updates! It lets Maschine just get better and better

1.5 is cool but Im done with the beta Im spoiled by 1.2 the regular update...I hope they keep it simple and not make it too complex..

They are taking all reg. users in a servey. did any1 take it plus enter for the prizes?

If anyone was really wondering Maschine is a beast.

This is an unedited video of Me Building patterns on Maschine 1.5 Public Beta from Scratch and creating a sequence. This is not a tutorial however it shows the complete process of building a pattern with Maschine. All sounds in this video come directly from Maschines sound library with no additional synths/modules being used.

Hey wsup...I got my Maschine about 2 weeks ago...it's pretty slick FOR ME! That's the main thing to keep in mind in audio forums, do what works for YOU...but we should be able to give objective feedback....before my feedback, let me qualify it with saying that I have Reason 4.0, FL Studio, Logic Express and NI Maschine! That just to say that i have experience with each program, so i ain't just blowing hot smoke or being one sided...i also got Komplete Synths (not mfr. anymore)...I love maschine..like saint joe said, i do like the ability to just be able to get in the groove and lost in the flow without having to keep clicking on a mouse...out the box, Maschine drums I prefer way over reason stock drums! Reason has more sounds and the expansion of refills which is great! I rock the Fantom Fascimile refills on that joint! Ideally, im trying to get my setup so where I can use reason as a sound module and still do all the sequencing in Maschine....when it comes to price, you just gotta do what's best for you and your needs/wants...Maschine costs more than Reason but i think you get a little more..you say $600 for maschine, i look @ it like $300/controller and $300 software....so that actually comes out cheaper than saying doing a mpd 32 and Reason....but like i said, i like both...i think once i get the hang of Maschine, it will allow me to do my beats a lot quicker which will enhance workflow, that's the million dollar word for me: WORKFLOW!

---------- Post added at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

Oh yeah the stability crashing bit. Yesterday I had maschine on my XP system, crash on me multiple times when importing my own samples.

I may be mad late but i had the same problem when first importing...i think if you try to import too many at one time it will crash...i just started to import less at one time and it worked like a charm! Hope that helps if you haven't already figured it out!

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

True dat. But **** it anyway. Let me just conclude with saying the Maschine isn't the end-all-be-all, but what's new?

Wrong dawg, in fact I do got me one a while back and still have it.

I already said I wasn't going to go into great detail about that. Stop acting like I did. Perhaps my comment was simply too long for your taste.

Of course I know that, but I am not the kind of person to wait for that when I need it right away. All I am saying and it surely remains valid criticism, especially for those that actually sample!

I've paid money for one and that alone gives me the right to be critical about a product. No offense, but if you're thinking an update which will add truncating and other really basic sampling stuff isn't a true necessity, but a gift from NI, you're clearly delusional.

I'm a critical guy and realistic and serious customer at that. I'm by no means a 'troll' and I don't really care what the **** you mean with that. Also.. I'm not easily offended.

I can get along fine with say the people at Akai too, doesn't mean I am not giving them my critical insights on their latest products. Even if I get them for free.

Focus on the good, ignore the bad. Not my style, sorry. I tend to get irritated by the bad, especially if a different setup gives me what I need. (Yes, without losing access to DAWs or plug-ins).

man, did you really take the time to quote all those things? ROTFLMBO

Back