Maschine, so who's got one?

I mean as anyone knows the Maschine is a tool, like an MPC. But in like any tool box you got a few duplicate sockets, you got a few hammers and screwdrivers. Mainly it comes down to comfort. Past all the esoteric differences people claim to be a big deal, my MPC 2000 is sitting in a box in the other room, collecting dust. There is nothing, and I mean nothing that I cant do with the Maschine that the MPC can do. There is the issue of external midi implementation, which is kinda weak on the Maschine, but since that is merely a software fix, better believe it will come.

The main thing is that an mpc and a maschine are redundant, so much so as I mentioned that my MPC is sitting in a box, and thats real, not a perception. Also, a Maschine, a Macbook Pro and interface weighs less than the MPC and thus, are soooo much more portable. Being able to see a hit from the pad and clean it up is real nice if you get a little too slack in your playing.

I am gonna see if I can trade that MPC for some turntables and SSL or get a serato itch controller.

I have to say that NI's push with the celebrity beat producers using the Maschine has given it a big push. People on this board are more a buzz about this product and I see new posts each day. Maybe I am just missing the appeal of this unit vs any DAW + a midi pad controller.

Funny, thinking back to the first post, dont got the lady no more, but I still got the maschine, and I love it. I couldnt be happier hahahaha

Anything is goin to have limitations. And I dont think maschines are bad, plus they are slowly disappearing thanks to the updates

I got one because my friend purchased one and since he knew my work flow suggested I get one and I havent looked back since. I was a die hard MPC user and couldnt work without it but now with the Maschine I've see my workflow go up incredibly and Im able to track out my beats and do ruff mixes within minutes. One of my best investments I must say.

Back