Making your own website

Good looks on these two links

Very happy to see that i am not a singular thinker in regards to the second one (most of what I wrote in my first response is there)

I always pay close attention to your posts..you're always knowledgeable

If you START OUT with Wordpress...

Here are the plugins you'll need...

Bandcamp - (not necessarily but their plugin player looks good on Wordpress sites)
Of course, embedding a Bandcamp player won't need a plugin as it is simple and easy, but this probably gets it done a bit faster.

Here's a list of plugins I've found useful. Been trying to keep the plugins at minimum. http://theboomjacks.com

AJAXed Wordpress
Improve the user experience by adding some AJAX functionality to your Wordpress.

WP Super Cache
Static caching plugin for WP. Makes your site load faster.

Akismet
Of course, this is included in the install but activating it will be 100% worth it, never ever seen a spam comment get through.

MailChimp
For people who manage their mailing list with MailChimp(Email Marketing and Email List Manager | MailChimp).

WP Google Analytics
Adds the Google Analytics (Google Analytics | Official Website) tracking code to your pages. Of course, this can also be added manually to the template.

FeedBurner FeedSmith
Redirect your your feeds to FeedBurner (http://feedburner.google.com/).

Google XML Sitemaps
Creates sitemaps for search engines.

Greg's High Performance SEO
Great for search engine optimization. Will add some seo-related fields to post and page creation.

i have been using blogger as my website. Because i put so much time into it i never wanted to change it. Is it worth it 2 leave blogger and go to wordpress??

Last edited:
Only if you have your own hosting.

Wordpress has a migration tool though so you don't lose any of your blog posts.

I registered my own domain to maintain a blog and connect with people, musicians or otherwise. While i have a PMP and iStandard account, those lack the human feel of having your own site where you can share whatever you want regularly.

My advice is to use every possible avenue without worrying about redundancy. There are people who use certain platforms and don't use others, so you never know where the right person may come across your stuff.

Haven't read through all the thread but basically one great benefit of having your own site is being able to send people there. People you meet offline.

It's a lot better telling a rapper/artist you met to check you out at "WhateverProductions.com" than to tell em to go to soundclick.com/whatever. If you're not getting much traffic now, use your website along-side with sound click.

Nothing spectacular... but I feel like its a great accomplishment. Enjoy!

Beats by Neeko

Not trying to be an ******* just letting you know so your informed but search engines can't read flash content and won't index your site very well if at all, it makes finding your site verry hard if you search for it. If you search "Beats by Neeko" I can't find it at all I went through like six pages.

Not trying to be an ******* just letting you know so your informed but search engines can't read flash content and won't index your site very well if at all, it makes finding your site verry hard if you search for it. If you search "Beats by Neeko" I can't find it at all I went through like six pages.

That's cool. For now, most of the hits you get on Google for "Beats by Neeko" comes from my Reverbnation/Soundcloud/FP etc... Keep in mind I just uploaded my website 15 min ago... however I was not aware that flash-based sites would not index well on search engines... Appreciate the feedback fam!

# Just started tracking my website with Google Analytics.

Last edited:
Back