Making Songs ?

D

DJ MadDawg

Hello everyone

i have a simple question i would like to ask ..

i've heard a lot of songs where a dj would take a beat from a song , put a verse from another song . put hooks and bridges from another song ...

any ideas on what program to use ? ( extracting beats and verses and put them all together )

This isn't done with a certain program.... (what is the world coming to)

Im sure there is a program that does (close to) this. But a program isn't the goto answer. All he is doing is mashing songs together, there is no 100% clean way of extracting a certain part of a song from a single stem. You need the separate stems from X amount of songs, then it just comes down to remixing and mashing.

any of the daws available can do this

cubase
reaper
reason
ableton
logic
garageband
fl
Studio one
soundbooth
audition
audacity
insert other audio only editors here
etc

For Fruity loops, you just have have load stems of the tracks into edison and drag and drop them into the track area. Do that over for the other songs/stems and just piece them together. If the bpms are different in each stem you have to match them up before putting them into edison. If anyone has a better way to correct bpm in fl though, please reply! :D

sorry guys stems are the individual parts, not the final stereo/mono mix.

I do not believe that the op is talking about pulling just the words off of one song and laying it over the top of the music from another (I could be wrong) - but is describing mash-up techniques

Back