Madvillain:2 tracks done with only a SP 303 and...

BlackNoizeMovement said:
madlib is alright all he did was loop a sample though and thats exactly what the 303 should be used for his drums are sick but his beats are average just my opinion I still like him and his style though, but Genius????

HUH?? Is that even English? Sounds like a run-on sentence about dissing Madlib....

BenL said:
From Stones Throw
Two tracks on Madvillainy ("Rhinestone Cowboy", "Strange Ways") were produced using a portable turntable and a Boss SP303 sampler [1] by Madlib in Brazil.

^F***n crazy!!! That album is hot two. Anyone else thinkin madlibs a genius?

I tried it the other day...only my mp with a turntable for sounds and it ended up grimy as hell...How many other cats relying on just records for sounds?

Thats what alot of people doin, including myself (well i use the MV) but thats not what the point is here. The point is he only used the 303 .. which is no where close as powerful piece of equipment as a MP/MV

madlib is just nuts, like seriously a mental case but in a good way.. lol, like a jimmy hendrix/kurt cobain type of way.

It's called creativity at it's finest. Put Madlib in front of any machine and he'll amaze you, guaranteed. He's the closest thing to a musical genius that Hip Hop has.

Marol said:
HUH?? Is that even English? Sounds like a run-on sentence about dissing Madlib....
this isnt english its not that deep if i write a run on sentence and clearly im not dissin him if i said that i liked him and his style!

CM Strike said:
It's called creativity at it's finest. Put Madlib in front of any machine and he'll amaze you, guaranteed. He's the closest thing to a musical genius that Hip Hop has.

Madlibs a really creative artists but as far as musical geniues that Hip-Hop have he's not the only one, but definitely one of the thats underrated. I was surprised when I found out about the 303 and portable turntable (read it in Scratch). I'd like to see what he can do on software. I doubt it'll happen but you never know...

i'm not really impressed by him makin those on only a 303 and turntable anymore. Now that i have a 404, it's just not that impressive. Don't get me wrong, I love Madlib, but the 303 is more than capable, it's not like he was strugglin.

Trenchant said:
i'm not really impressed by him makin those on only a 303 and turntable anymore. Now that i have a 404, it's just not that impressive. Don't get me wrong, I love Madlib, but the 303 is more than capable, it's not like he was strugglin.
AGREE!!!!!

Did Madlib do Everything Man on Eardrum??

I think he did, and thats my favourite Talib Kweli joint ever, props to both the producer (madlib i think lol) and Talib for bringing out that heartfelt music. The rest of the album, not that good lol

vladb said:
Did Madlib do Everything Man on Eardrum??

I think he did, and thats my favourite Talib Kweli joint ever, props to both the producer (madlib i think lol) and Talib for bringing out that heartfelt music. The rest of the album, not that good lol
yea madlib produced that, one of the best, if not the best beat on that album

Last edited:
Back