Madvillain:2 tracks done with only a SP 303 and...

yeah, i like the concept, his alter ego dissin on himself.

"don't make me have to pound his tin crown face in and risk being jammed up like traffic inbound from space and..."

"When you see tin-head tell him be duckin down, i ain't rompin around, he better be ready and prepared to be stomped in the ground."

"But have it your way, raw, no foreplay, but that's you if

Last edited:
Madlib is fantastic, he's up there with Dilla RZA and Premo for me.

When i read the WuTang Manual, i wanted to make beats (Inspiring stuff) but that was way back...

Read up and listened to Madlib, inspired again...

No, not so far

But i do have a MF doom album that i think is hot

King Geedora is the album by King Geedora (aka MF doom)

dropindatdirt said:
does anybody have any other madlib albums to recommend?

do i?

Yesterday's New Quintet lp's - if your into jazz & hip-hop fusion
Madlib - shades of blue cd (more jazz hip-hop fusion)
All quasimoto lp's - especially "the unseen"
He did beats for pretty much all of Declaime/Dudley perkins Lp's
Jaylib cd is good (half madlib half dilla tracks)

He has alot of material. Far to many beats on various artist's cds...just find a cd you like and keep digging...he always impressess me.

Come the f@ck on youngsters. Don't you remember all the HipHop records that were made with just a single SP-1200.

The 303 is serve'n the SP so what's the big deal?

Don't get it twisted, Madlib one of my favorite producers of all time.

GOTTA GO AND GET THE MONEY!

Gotta love that remix!

dropindatdirt said:
does anybody have any other madlib albums to recommend?
I would recommend the Jaylib CD and Madlib The Beat Konducta: Movie Scenes Vol. 1-2.

:monkey:

To the guy who wanted recommendations: get "The Unseen" it's his first Quasimoto LP. It's classic Madlib. The second one isn't as good IMO, some of the beats are straight fire though.

Trenchant said:
To the guy who wanted recommendations: get "The Unseen" it's his first Quasimoto LP. It's classic Madlib. The second one isn't as good IMO, some of the beats are straight fire though.

agreed.. the unseen is one of the greatest albums production-wise imo

Naw i was just going to school and on the computer all day cuz ive taken every class that moth@ has to offer.

a lot of people are forgeting its the person not the equipment that makes the music and madlib proves it, got love for everyone in the producing game what ever it is u use, but i know mad people who got an mp and be making some bull****

sp's kill it, one of most underated just the same as madlib, perfect combo. The workflow on an sp-303 is so fast it's easy to make an hour of music a day, unfortunately you have to be creative to use them so most people who use an mpc and are used to trying to replicate a beat they've heard from kanye or just blaze that's "hot" can't fvck wit it.

my boy got me on him a few months back!!! i aint turned back scince!!! the whole time stretchin his voice is very creative (not like hes the first, just how he uses it) and yeaa, the unseen seems to be the best one!

madlib is alright all he did was loop a sample though and thats exactly what the 303 should be used for his drums are sick but his beats are average just my opinion I still like him and his style though, but Genius????

Back