looking for software (i know i know)

Myrical Lyfe

So I recently got back into producing. Taking it as starting all over again, fresh start. I picked up a Maschine & a Novation Impulse MIDI Keyboard. All of it is running to my iMac. So basically, I downloaded reason 7. I like it for the most part, but everything is so cluttered, and not being able to have VST access has become annoying to me. I do have FL, but never got into it. Any suggestions before I settle with reason?

You can just do it all in mashine or try other daws out. reaper, cubase (no demo though) live (bla) sonar pro tools

use standalone maschine and route your midi out from reason to its midi in and then route the audio out of maschine back into reasons audio inputs

as for clutter, use the detach rack, detach mixer options so that you can rotate through all three screens (sequencer/mixer/rack)

use standalone maschine and route your midi out from reason to its midi in and then route the audio out of maschine back into reasons audio inputs

as for clutter, use the detach rack, detach mixer options so that you can rotate through all three screens (sequencer/mixer/rack)

Might sound dumb. But can you elaborate with the midi routing?

I do have FL, but never got into it. Any suggestions before I settle with reason?

The guy who did the demo song for the latest version of FL Studio, "Seamless", has a free series covering FL Studio on YouTube. It covers things which I even I wasn't aware of:

FL Studio Basic Tutorials - YouTube

I would suggest watching at least 10 of those lessons in order to give yourself a chance to get into FL Studio.

-Ki
Salem Beats

If you have Reason 7 then you will be able to route all of your midi into it. I think you should stay with Reason and learn it. You will not be able to use FL on a Mac because it is a PC only program unless you run a parallel program with a windows image on it. If you have to use VST's I suggest you purchase Reaper. It is a low cost program but allows a large amount of flexibility. This program does not come with its own instruments so Reason and Maschine can be used as your sounds. You would use Reaper as your VST host and sequencer. I have used Reaper in the past to do some Film Scoring work, and it worked well. You will like the layout of the program and you can try it out before you purchase it. Good Luck

Back