Let's play Name That Preset!

Thug motivation 101, Gangsta music, and Air forces, the modulating organ/synth sample and hold sound shawty redd uses is a preset in the emu proteus called Freeze its also in the proteus xv

Chris Brown's Forever - main lead from Fantom. Body Electric.
dam I was just bout to say that one......

but dream used a patch on the fantom for my love and rockin that thang called...........something in the synth brass section :-)

Diddy - "Wanna Move" with Ciara

in the intro there is a white-noise arpeggiated thing...anyway its from ReFX Vanguard and its called "Tek Helicopter" I believe.

I remember stumbling across it and being pretty surprised.

I'm a Star- Jerimah -Fantom x6 lead
Ludacris Moneymaker- At least 2 Patchs from "Complete Orchestra" Roland card
Break Up- Mario- We all know that one i think..FL flute riff
I Know what dem Girls Like- Luda Pretty sure the flute sound is a Fantom preset
David Banner "Run" Motif is lead instrument sound

You'd be surprised man, some people look down on free and think it's not quality but some of those sound designers are really talented. I came up on some free **** that blew me away. Don't sleep, be open to everything.

People sleep but let them sleep so we can have all those great free vst presets. Check my Blog for more dope free vsts

The problem with the free vsts is that although there are some great ones, a lot of them suck. I've went through like 50 free vsts and haven't found one that's worth converting to rtas or keeping.

That's just me personally though, it might work for any of you.

The problem with the free vsts is that although there are some great ones, a lot of them suck. I've went through like 50 free vsts and haven't found one that's worth converting to rtas or keeping.

That's just me personally though, it might work for any of you.

Check this one out -
orca-interface.jpg

Download Orca

Google "great free vsts" or "Best free vsts". There alot of gems out there.
:cheers:

Huge List of Free VSTs

Another Huge list..

Last edited:
Nice, have any of you ever bought Computer Music Magazine? They have an awesome DVD that comes with it and gives you enough tools to set up a completely free solution to recording. It isn't as good as the paid stuff but there are heaps of free tools on there that are unbelievable. A couple of months ago they had a special Guitar Rig 3 Lite CM edition that wasn't so lite :P

I don't know any presets off the top of my head though. When you think about it, when you are making a beat you don't have time to interrupt your workflow just to tweak a sound. Switching thru presets is probably the best way to get your sound going, if need be you can tweak the sound to your liking later on. Almost all of my beats are made with presets and then changed later on if I need it.

I use ROMplers a lot which doesn't give me that much room to tweak anyway.

in the ayer- flo rider

almost all the sounds from that song are in a vst called v-station. pretty dope

Someone earlier mentioned that timbo used the vanguard patch helicoper fx on ciaras 'wanna move', i think he aslo used it randomly throughout bobby valentinos 'anonomous'

Nice, have any of you ever bought Computer Music Magazine? They have an awesome DVD that comes with it and gives you enough tools to set up a completely free solution to recording. It isn't as good as the paid stuff but there are heaps of free tools on there that are unbelievable. A couple of months ago they had a special Guitar Rig 3 Lite CM edition that wasn't so lite :P

I don't know any presets off the top of my head though. When you think about it, when you are making a beat you don't have time to interrupt your workflow just to tweak a sound. Switching thru presets is probably the best way to get your sound going, if need be you can tweak the sound to your liking later on. Almost all of my beats are made with presets and then changed later on if I need it.

I use ROMplers a lot which doesn't give me that much room to tweak anyway.

I got an one year subscription to that magazine a while ago...havent installed one thing though...

The CM Studio is actually quite impressive. I thought so anyway. Install that with the many free plugs you can find online and you will find yourself with quite a powerful (and unique) set up.

Back