Lauryn Hill: Neurotic Society. What Do You Think??

B

BIGMOZ

Sorry but it sounds really poor to me. Forget about her flow. The mix of the record sounds bad. Her vocals sound really poor and rushed.

I know a whole fleet of people are going to bark at me that I don't know about real hip hop....That's fine, but I know about real mixing, and that record sounds awful. Am I alone?

I'm not critiquing the lyrics or her flow. I know people will either love it or hate it.

Yeah man, if you have certain artists you dont like, then its your opinion, but I just hate that everytime you dislike someone for whatever reason, they call you a hater.

Seriously people should stfu.

I don't really like it too much. It's such a long rambling song. The beat sounds good, but it's just not a good song.

Please stop hating. Lauryn Hill is a legend!

----

Naw. She is garbage. Another one album wonder like D'Angelo. She had better pay those taxes. I heard the IRS is attempting to collect. LOL!

lmao........D'Angelo had two successful albums. One more successful than the other.

Shits dope, though. I ain't gone act like I understood a word she said in the shit though....and act like people should understand. I don't expect people to listen to it 20 times to understand it. But I think it sounds like a good skit song to just pop out of nowhere.

I hope

1. She doesn't work with Wyclef. No hate against Wyclef.....he dope to some people (excluding me).....but Lauren made him. Not the other way around. Wasn't for Lauren...non of them would've seen mainstream money.

2. She works with Rapheal Saadiq, Donell Jones, Music Soulchild, D'Angelo, The Roots, No I.D ect. I don't want to hear no Kanye, Mike Will, definitely no Hit Boy. I'm pretty sure I won't. Never know though.

Last edited:
Please stop hating. Lauryn Hill is a legend!

----

Naw. She is garbage. Another one album wonder like D'Angelo. She had better pay those taxes. I heard the IRS is attempting to collect. LOL!

Saying Lauren HIll is garbage ; proves you're not ready for the industry. If you were someone in the music game and made that statement, let's just say it would put you in a bad light.

Lol calling such a Legend garbage.

Stop drinking hateorade. Maybe you are just really young, I dunno.

Saying Lauren HIll is garbage ; proves you're not ready for the industry. If you were someone in the music game and made that statement, let's just say it would put you in a bad light.

Lol calling such a Legend garbage.

Stop drinking hateorade. Maybe you are just really young, I dunno.
What you know about the industry? You're not even IN the industry. You're not even close to the industry, you're in Bosnia.

What you know about the industry? You're not even IN the industry. You're not even close to the industry, you're in Bosnia.

I think he's saying that by saying some one in the industry that holds high respect from many artists is suicide. I think its something similar to when Soulja Boy sorta kinda dissed Nas in saying that he killed hip hop... I guess he's just trynna be the "disrespecting legends police" or some shit like that.

I think he's saying that by saying some one in the industry that holds high respect from many artists is suicide. I think its something similar to when Soulja Boy sorta kinda dissed Nas in saying that he killed hip hop... I guess he's just trynna be the "disrespecting legends police" or some shit like that.

Ain't no legends out here. Either you are hot or not.

And forget about career suicide. If dissing a "legend" ends your career, you never had a career in the first place.

The song seemed rushed if you ask me. The beat was passable and the lyrics weren't bad but the delivery was GOD AWFUL for that song and especially comin' from Lauryn Hill. I think if this song came from another rapper then it would be acceptable but we have such high expectations for Lauryn Hill that anything short of Miseducation would create an uproar

Listening to those tracks made me angry that Lauryn didn't just ****in take the skid bid for not paying her damn taxes. Ain't nobody checkin' for LH in 2013. Neo-Soul is dead, LH is expired---return to vendor or ship back to sender.

^^^^Neo-soul was dead..........

Like Face said.........

no racial.......

Once people become a certain age....they say fuuck it. Let me get to the money, where do I sign? Then it's too late. When keeping it real went wrong.

Last edited:

And you are IN the industry ?

What have you done that puts you in the position to call someone who is widely considered the best female MC of all time (not by everyone but by most people) and sold like 50 millions - garbage ? She actualy doen sold 50 millions you don't even have 1% clicks online of what she sold.

I'm from Bosnia ? Ok you are on a internet forum talking bout how Lauren Hill is garbage. Let's hear your music so we can compare it.

And I'm not form Bosnia at all, I'm from Herzegovina. And I'm in the wealthiest city of the country pretty much (or one of them), which is obviously still not wealthy at all but we do have our house while many people in "rich" countries pay like 800$ to live in a 1 room apartment.

And I can live in Croatia whenver I want, I'm Croatian and it's just a 1 hour drive. I actualy had landed a job at a 5 star hotel (just as staff at the beach) in Dubrovnik but didn't wanna go cause paying for a small flat and life expanses doesn't even pay of, I can save up more here living at home.

Saying I am from Bosnia - makes it sound like I was in a random Bosnian village living from 200$ a month.

Also saying that you are closer to beign IN the industry then me cause of your country is ignorant.

Edin Džeko is from Bosnia yet he is one of the biggest and richest soccer stars in the world.

Mater of fact that was very offensive, you practicaly dissed and entire country.

And I am Croatian like I said I can go live there whenever I want, and there are more Croatians outside of Croatia then in it, in Canda, Australia ect. Also at least 500 000 americans are ethnicaly Croatians or part Croatian.

Croatia is actualy one of the wealthier countries of the world.

And WHERE are you from ?

Pumpthrust is awesome!

flaming on the internet is fun. And constructive. And it builds your network.

no I'm not, I'm actualy not somebody who achieved basicaly nothing in music and then goes on internet forums and talks about how the new song of a huge star is trash, I mean they gave her a 1 or 2 million dollar deal, how much money do you guys get for making music ? I bet you can find an indie label that's gonna put a whole lotta bucks into you, like 25 dollars.

this was not directed towards you Teddy but them

Last edited by a moderator:
​Thanks Oliver. We needed that.

I understand the psychology of many forum posters.

They go online talk about sports, music ect.

Basicaly it makes them feel smart , knowledgable, inteligent, relevant.

When they comment let's say decisions of the UFC (MMA organization) about what fight Joe Silva should make, how Joe Rogan is commentating biased ect. Even tough they are nowhere near the level of the people they critisize. I'ts the nature of an anonymous online forum. Matter of fact many people in regular life talk about that.

But if you can't do it better, or nowhere near as good, why are you critisizing someone who is at the very top of what oyu are tlaknig about.

On the other hand you see people who actualy try to do something like that, try seriously to be a musician or athlete; complimenting others at the top, cause they actualy have really tried and that way realised first person what it means.

But yeha freedom of speech, you can talk about how such and such rappers sucks, but he is in the game and makes money and is sucesffull so your opinion is just like your opinion.

I personaly apreciate or let's say respect other people's achivements. Many other people try to talk them down to feel bigger themselves.

Rather be isnpired by it then envyous.

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind

"Rich people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people. (This is important, too — it seems to hold true among my friends.)"

I also notice the least knowledgable people go to the most viewed forum sections to have theiropinions heard by as many people as possible, that is true here, you'll read more bullshit in the Rap & Hiphop forum then the Industry , legal and marketing section because there people actualy try to do something while here people comment on Lil Wayne, Ross and other highly sucesfull artist and basicaly talk about what they should or should not do, even tough those people obviously know way better how to be sucessfull or they wouldn't be where they are at.

Same goes for sherdog and the UFC section compared to the strenght & conditioning section, as example.

I know all this from expirience. I used to be like that too, to a certain degree. Or possibly ot a big degree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back