Korg PadKontrol vs. MPC 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have padkontrol and reason and it has been working really good, it can really do a lot, its a great alternative to some more expensive set ups. oh and mine never light up on playback ha never knew it could do that. anyway i love the feel of drum pads and really just use reason for the sequencing and sampling/slicing.

rocsta said:
As far as I know you can't turn them off, the only way to do that is to hack the firmware, I believe I even saw some walkthroughs about that in the internet but it's really not recommend if you don't know what you're doing.
BTW with turning off the lights I mean the lights that come when you don't touch the padKontrol for 1min or so, that shyt is really annoying you can't look at your computer screen because the lights distract you from that.

This is coming DIRECTLY from page 13 of the Padkontrol Manual....

About the illumination mode

This mode causes the trigger pad LEDs to blink in a unique pattern.
This produces a particularly striking effect when used during a live performance on a dimly lit stage; it looks cool sitting in the studio, too.

To select a pattern:

*Pattern A..... Power-on while holding down the [SETTING/ENTER] and [MESSAGE/EXIT] keys.
Pattern A produces an "expanding box" type of pattern each time a trigger pad is stuck.

yada yada yada...

*Mode Off....Power-on while holding down the [SETTING/ENTER] key and the [SCENE] key.

I cant believe I was about to type all that out......:monkey:

I MUST be bored

BigBrotherMotown said:
This is coming DIRECTLY from page 13 of the Padkontrol Manual....

About the illumination mode

This mode causes the trigger pad LEDs to blink in a unique pattern.
This produces a particularly striking effect when used during a live performance on a dimly lit stage; it looks cool sitting in the studio, too.

To select a pattern:

*Pattern A..... Power-on while holding down the [SETTING/ENTER] and [MESSAGE/EXIT] keys.
Pattern A produces an "expanding box" type of pattern each time a trigger pad is stuck.

yada yada yada...

*Mode Off....Power-on while holding down the [SETTING/ENTER] key and the [SCENE] key.

I cant believe I was about to type all that out......:monkey:

I MUST be bored

Yes, I read that, but doesn't that pertain to playback?
Will this also turn the lights off for triggering, so I don't feel like I'm the Billy Jean video everytime I'm making beats, lol.

Mattman04 said:
Yes, I read that, but doesn't that pertain to playback?
Will this also turn the lights off for triggering, so I don't feel like I'm the Billy Jean video everytime I'm making beats, lol.

Playback?????????????

Playback What????????????

It's a Midi controler.....
No sequencer
No sounds

I dont understand you:confused:

BigBrotherMotown said:
Playback?????????????

Playback What????????????

It's a Midi controler.....
No sequencer
No sounds

I dont understand you:confused:

No, I was thinking the light patterns were pertaining to playback from your sequencer(whatever sequencer you use).
I know it has no sounds, and no sequencer lol. C'mon now haha.
And yes I misread the manual, and now notice it says "triggering".
My question is does turning this off eliminate any possibility for any lights to come on during any triggering?
Or.....does turning this "off" simply turn off those silly patterns?

Last edited:
No, this is why you cannot trust an AKAI FANBOY, the mpd16 & 24 do not have square sensors! Right now only the padkontrol has square sensors, so let's keep to the facts. Bottom line the only features that padkontrol has on the TF is its X/Y AXIS interface, note repeat and flame button, however the TF is more programmable than the padkontrol with it's enigma software interface, everything else is comparable and preferrial!

The TF is a solid pad controller, which has proven to be less problematic than the mpd series (with the exception of the yet to be released mpd32). Bottom line is most of the time on this forum, I see catz just hate on the TF coz it's Maudio and love the mpds coz it's AKAI, never really giving an unbiased opinion.

chadwik1914

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back