Kid Cudi, "The money, cash, hoes thing needs deaded"

While I can appreciate and even agree with where he is coming from, he has no right to dictate to others how they should partake and express themselves in this art form.

The best he can do is be an example to others. If people wanted the conscious back-packer rap, they would support it.

The male bravado, braggadocio and materialism will always be apart of rap.

Yes, rap......Hiphop, on the other-hand is infinitely diverse. Kid Cudi is a good example of that diversity.

Last edited by a moderator:
^rap is the music of hip-hop, hip-hop music and rap music are the same thing.

False!...hiphop is a culture comprised of several things: DJ-ing, MC-ing ( rapping), Graffiti, Breaking and Beat boxing.

Dont let the mainstream acceptance of rap fool you into thinking that Rap = hiphop. It does not.

False!...hiphop is a culture comprised of several things: DJ-ing, MC-ing ( rapping), Graffiti, Breaking and Beat boxing.

Dont let the mainstream acceptance of rap fool you into thinking that Rap = hiphop. It does not.

Hip Hop is dead because no one does graffiti, break dances, or beatboxes. Dudes barely DJ these days.

All I see is rap. If that is all I see, that is all hip hop is.

Sorry. That old definition is not relevant anymore. Besides, how can someone invent a culture based on stealing music and dances from other cultures? That "culture" thing never made since to me.

Hip Hop is dead because no one does graffiti, break dances, or beatboxes. Dudes barely DJ these days.

Sorry. That old definition is not relevant anymore. Besides, how can someone invent a culture based on stealing music and dances from other cultures? That "culture" thing never made since to me.

There are still a lot of very active breakdancers and crews all over the world.
Still a lot of graf writers putting up all over the world.
Plenty still beatbox.

Just because it isn't the part of the culture you are involved in or look for does not mean it isn't still alive ;)

a09Mwpd_460sa.gif

Last edited:

I was with you until you said this.
The culture was what was integrated into the mainstream-- specifically dialect, dance, and style.
The music that was stolen was primarily from black culture (r&b, disco).
The dance comment I don't get at all.

There are still a lot of very active breakdancers and crews all over the world.
Still a lot of graf writers putting up all over the world.
Plenty still beatbox.

Just because it isn't the part of the culture you are involved in or look for does not mean it isn't still alive ;)

The Amish still rides a horse and buggy. It is still alive. But does that mean horse and buggy travel is still poppin?

Name 5 graffiti artists or break dancers without using Google or Wikipedia.

Last edited:

The Amish still rides a horse and buggy. It is still alive. But does that mean horse and buggy travel is still poppin?

Name 5 graffiti artists or break dancers without using Google or Wikipedia.

Crazy Legs
Flipz
Kid Glyde
Kid David

Was just reading an article about these guys the other day in fact from 2012 regarding an upcoming competition.

Graf I don't really run in that circle anymore, but just because I can't doesn't make it any less relevant.

Last edited:
Crazy Legs
Flipz
Kid Glyde
Kid David

Was just reading an article about these guys the other day in fact from 2012 regarding an upcoming competition.

Graf I don't really run in that circle anymore, but just because I can't doesn't make it any less relevant.
That was only four. I am not impressed.

This is what hip hop is today.

That was only four. I am not impressed.

This is what hip hop is today.

Ha, swag.
If i wasn't on FP i doubt i would never listen to future.
If it wasn't 4 mike will I not sure if I could even listen at all.

U get the point that nightshade was making.
The history of hip-hop, or any music genre, is important.
How it came to be is critical to what it is today.
The DJs, artists, dancers made it bigger than just the rap.
It was part of the reason that little Jimmy from the burbs bought the music and went to the concert, which help convince corporations that it was a good idea to sponsor artists.
Next thing u know hip-hop/rap is a billion dollar business.

But I digress, I'm sure u know all this.

Last edited:
Cudi seems to be suffering from something very troubling. Look at the way his eyes move and listen to his conversation.

I hope he gets better, but he is not in the position to lecture people about music. He has bigger internal issues that he needs to deal with.

Hip Hop DOES NOT = rap. And just because you don't have any venues that support hip hop around you (you should really venture out of that bubble because there are some really beautiful and positive people EVERYWHERE that are the culture) doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I don't go to heavy metal concerts and I would be a fool to say that heavy metal doesn't exist.

Back