Kendrick Lamar's verse

^^^But it was a BIG SEAN SONG!!! Both Kendrick and Jay had the same idea, to bring more than expected to the table...only one succeeded statistically. You're not helping to convince me Jay's moves were that of a guy worthy of being praised for his intellect, lol. What Big Sean fan tuned in for that?

He knew how to rap about sprite though. Quit defending that walking contradiction.

We should've heard this Jay Electronica on that song...wait....that's him, right? But more lyrical?

Last edited:
that's the problem though, none of them knew that the other person would be on the track.

that's why jay's verse sounds out of place.
i don't buy that.
If u listen to big sean's verse, he's actually talking bout the same topic that Kendrick talks about. This lead me to believe that he at least talked to Kendrick and Jay before they got on the track.

Also, I given the current state of the game, why wouldn't u bring you best stuff if u knew a cat with the some of the biggest popular acclaim was on their.

I think Jay is so caught up with Rothchild pussy (i ain't madd at him), he just put some average stuff on the track.

I'm a big Jay Elect fan, but he doesn't seem to concerned with pushing his album. I actually think he's one of the few cats who could respond in a cleaver/deep way, but that ain't where his mind is nowadays.

^^^BUT HE KNEW IT WAS BIG SEANS RECORD!!! Why throw that B.S. verse to a Big Sean demographic if you use even the slightest amount of knowledge.

And to clarify, I'm a huge Jay Elec fan. That's why I won't pretend that verse was worthy of anything beyond getting ripped from his notebook and thrown in the trash. Kendrick on the otherhand...that's the only thing I've heard from him other than his verse on Maadcity that I actually liked!

Jay got caught slipping. Brought his C game thinking eh it'll pass and then Boom Kendrick said I'm a bring my A game and do extra credit Homework. Kendrick's rip on dudes was about doing what Jay just did. Not try to be the best on every song that You're on

^^^Yup...Kendrick just "went over dude's heads". lol.

@Emagnitik.....Enigmatic????

Are you purposely blacking out the "HS" in response to me to indicate I'm a high school dropout? And just the "H" to indicate the times I'm posting while high?

Lol, I'm just joking with you. You're actually one of the cool members up here. No hard feelings, we're just discussing music. :cheers:

Last edited:
:4theloveofgod:I wish we had a dislike button.

I grew up listening to rap in the 90's tons of great verses nothing new

I guess it might be more rare in this age and time of Rap music

but I don't listen to mainstream rap

this is the hottest song I heard in a minute
the words in this song hold mad weight
and is Kendrick Lamar's favorite artists but that is always opinion based as on likes and dislikes of verses/songs/what topics manners to you in songs

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

^^^I guess you saw my comments in the last thread. I'm trying not to curse in amazement at how hot this song is!!!! Typically when I hear something hot I say "Hooooollllllyyyyy...." Now I need a new phrase, lol.

Thanks for that, Tone.

I've tried to flip that Salif Kieta sample forever!!!! This was all around a great song!!!! I've heard alot of LeCrae, but never that.

^^^Yup...Kendrick just "went over dude's heads". lol.

Are you purposely blacking out the "HS" in response to me to indicate I'm a high school dropout? And just the "H" to indicate the times I'm posting while high?

Lol, I'm just joking with you. You're actually one of the cool members up here. No hard feelings, we're just discussing music. :cheers:
no i understand kendrick verse loud and clear, do other niggas though ?

i know what kenrick means and what he's trying to accomplish, but i don't think other niggas understand though. i saw my twitter feed blowin up wit people saying ridiculous shit

also it's all good

Last edited:
A little context on how it cam about:

So Sean and Jay got on first then Kendrick ripped it. i guess the hipster is right that Jay didn't know how serious it was going to be, but he still dropped a below average jay Elect verse.
And this shit here is just funny:

Last edited:
^^^I guess you saw my comments in the last thread. I'm trying not to curse in amazement at how hot this song is!!!! Typically when I hear something hot I say "Hooooollllllyyyyy...." Now I need a new phrase, lol.

Thanks for that, Tone.

I've tried to flip that Salif Kieta sample forever!!!! This was all around a great song!!!! I've heard alot of LeCrae, but never that.

still didn't download that FREE mixtape by Lecrae Church Clothes that were it's from he goes in on the whole mixtape
and him and Thi'sl go in on the second track

I'll make it easy for ya
Lecrae - Church Clothes Hosted by Don Cannon // Free Mixtape @ DatPiff.com

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

Heard it yet?

What are your thoughts?

he killed that shit! he woke everybody up in the game to pick up their pen and pad and start writing. niggas gotta step their bars up!. lil wayne, gucci mane and them is shittin in their pants right now. lol. now you will see real talents entering the game.

^^^I honestly downloaded and skimmed. Listening for real now.

my favs. on the mixtape
my ultimate fav. Inspiration
Gimme a sec
Long time coming
Cold World
Rise

man I have to laugh looking at the track list I like every single song...I can't front
another superior artist is the Da Truth
know as the christian Jay-Z and in having the lyrics and flow to go along with it
but that's opinion based

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

Last edited:
Heard it yet?

What are your thoughts?

he killed that shit! he woke everybody up in the game to pick up their pen and pad and start writing. niggas gotta step their bars up!. lil wayne, gucci mane and them is shittin in their pants right now. lol. now you will see real talents entering the game.

When I first heard Kendrick's verse I was blown away, listened to it a few more times and was hyped about what he did for hip hop, he could have possibly single handily changed hip hop back to lyricism, with someone of his stature making such a huge statement in one verse, i was excited what would come of it, still am, so far was impressed with joells response, but lupes response was even better imo...gotta give kdot credit, he set the hip hop world in a frenzy and came out winning, not many emcees can do that, maybe only a handful

"What happened to the game, Niggas think they jappin' cause they rappin' like they Wayne, rappin' like they Chainz"

Lupe was spittin' that Adolf on Kendrick

Last edited:
If Big Sean verse came after KLs it would be a diffrent thread nowAnd I'm over niggas sayin'
they're the hottest niggas
Then run to the hottest niggas
just to stay hot
I'm one of the hottest because
I flame drop
Drop fire, and not because I'm
name dropping,
Hall of Fame droppin'

Back