Kendrick Lamar's verse

I heard it. Good verse. People are gonna get all crazy about the NY line. Just thumpin his chest to get some buzz, imo. If I had a dime for every rapper who said he was the best...

He sounds like FP's own Modus Operandi on this.. Or maybe it is just me...

Last edited:
About time that ole alien wanna be ass good kid took my advice. Now that's Kendrick I would like right there.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

He sounds like FP's own Modus Operandi on this.. Or maybe it is just me...

I can see it....

I'm one of the few up here who doesn't like Kendrick lamar because I always felt his songs fell short of my expectations.

But this is what I expect of him. I'd be a fan if this was the Kendrick we saw more of. Hottest verse I've heard in a while. Prolly since Drake's "5am in toronto".

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

I heard it. Good verse. People are gonna get all crazy about the NY line. Just thumpin his chest to get some buzz, imo. If I had a dime for every rapper who said he was the best...

He said(paraphrasing) he was the seed of Pac, the KONY(Frank White). He was implying relativity to Big and Pac.

Last edited:
He basically just called out who he sees as the new generation's best. If anything, anybody NOT on that list he said should be offended and they should be the ones responding. Kendrick at the top right now and he's trying to pull away lol

The ony rapper response I would want to here is Twista's. Everyone else will just sound like they trying to outdo Kendrick.........or either sound pathetic using their own style.

And the fact he named 3000......shows who he really fears....straight up.

The motivation for that verse was how 3000 murked that T.I joint.......it pumped fear in Kendrick's mode of being the best....it dented his soul.

Seeing artist's responses on Twitter has been entertaining. The artists he name dropped should be honored. If anybody replies to him directly thinking it was a diss the joke will be on them, because it seemed to me like it was simply an invitation for everyone to step their game all the way up.

He really did us a favor because everybody is going to go that much harder next time they're in the studio. We needed an event like this.

We hear one above par verse from a hip-hop artist and jizz ourselves. How times have changed.

It just shows how rare real talent is in the hip hop scene at the moment. Kendrick's verse only scratches at the surface of a massive & potentially unprecedented decline of authenticity in a relatively young music genre.

Hopefully some of the more impressionable & youthful of hip hop fans (i.e. the majority) will take this seriously and expect more from these (at best) average rappers Lamar mentions in his league.

Last edited:
Ya he killed it. Talking that good playground type shit. He's hitting his stride right now. I was impressed with this verse on tech's album:

Kendrick has always impressed me (although i think ab-soul has the same level of skills), hopefully this will stimulate some more competition. Its good for hip-hop, more skills less bs.

Also,I hope this a sign jay elect will be dropping soon.

We hear one above par verse from a hip-hop artist and jizz ourselves. How times have changed.

It just shows how rare real talent is in the hip hop scene at the moment. Kendrick's verse only scratches at the surface of a massive & potentially unprecedented decline of authenticity in a relatively young music genre.

Hopefully some of the more impressionable & youthful of hip hop fans (i.e. the majority) will take this seriously and expect more from these (at best) average rappers Lamar mentions in his league.
:4theloveofgod:I wish we had a dislike button.

Hey, aren't you meant to be impressionable?

I can't remember the exact list of artists he gave but the only two that stood out to me as pretty good were Jay Electronica and Big Krit.

Last edited:
He basically just called out who he sees as the new generation's best. If anything, anybody NOT on that list he said should be offended and they should be the ones responding. Kendrick at the top right now and he's trying to pull away lol

If that's the case, I'm disappointed he missed Action Bronson and Joey Bada$$ from the list.

To be honest, if Wale and Mac Miller hadn't both dropped awesome albums this year, they'd probably have been missed off as well.

Last edited:
It's still kinda weak (to me). KL is too smooth for dissing. Give me some 50cent.

Last edited:
Back