Kendrick Lamar: it's time for hip-hop to move on from "molly rap"

You guys are missing the entire point of his comments, arguing about the chemical compound and molecular structure of the drug. WHO GIVES A ****?!!

Kendrick is dope but he's talking nonsense with this shit. Back in the 90s, I bet he was rapping about Chronic along with Snoop, Dre and every other WC rapper. Was it lame and corny to rap about Chronic? What about Lean? What about Drank?

WTF is the difference in rapping about Mollys, ecstacy, Chronic or alcohol? It's all the same shit! How can you think rapping about one is any lamer than rapping about another one?

Damn.

Y'all miss the whole point..

Its not about rapping about molly. Its not the definition or chemical structure of molly.

Its about bringing originality into rap and moving on to other subjects.

I bet half of y'all ain't even read the article.

Last edited:
re

Hip hop should widen their scope of lyrical content, in general. That is pretty obvious. It is kind of funny that molly is popular now since its been around and called that for a long time and regular pressed X has been around commonly since the 80s. Where I grew up there was buckets of it at the clubs we played at and tons of legal stock left over. lol.

Back