Kendrick Lamar: it's time for hip-hop to move on from "molly rap"

Molly is gonna be the topic of rap until another drug gets a new nickname... People act like molly is new...when all it is is ecstasy... It used to mean pure, uncut MDMA, but so many people on that shit now, it's obviously cut again...

Last edited:
People just say the shit cause it sounds cool... guaranteed none of these ignorant rappers even know what it really is, or how long it's been around... it just sounds cooler to say "popped a Molly I'm sweatin" rather than "took some MDMA, I'm sweatin"

molly is bad shit if you do it every day which is basically what these rappers are promoting. you'll basically want to kill yourself because you'll have no serotonin left in your brain. as someone experienced in a variety of drugs i honestly think you're better doing coke every day.

that said most people only pop a molly here and there but damn they acting like it's the same as hittin a blunt.

Molly is gonna be the topic of rap until another drug gets a new nickname... People act like molly is new...when all it is is ecstasy... It used to mean pure, uncut MDMA, but so many people on that shit now, it's obviously cut again...

It doesn't now, nor has it ever, meant pure ecstasy. X is MDMA pressed tablets, molly is powder, and moonrocks are crystals

^ it's pretty easy to pass off other drugs than mdma as molly.
methylone, 5-apb, 6-apb, mdbd, pretty long list of drugs with extremely similar effects. so while "molly" means "mdma" you might not be getting mdma if you buy a molly. they sell test kits you can test it with but most people don't even know they make those.
i feel pretty confident in stating most molly is not mdma.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

here's a site where people send in ecstasy/molly to see what's really in it. EcstasyData.org: Lab Test Results for Recreational Drugs

I'm drug free......don't even smoke weed no more. I would like to try those E cigarettes but I don't even trust those.......ironicly. But I will say mollies are for girls and sissies. Straight up.

Say no to drugs. Straight up. It makes you look like a dumb ass boy.....be a man.

Dudes drinking cough medicine and sticking alcohol filled tampons up they ass......fuuck wrong with yall?

When I was smoking weed......it was swishers sweets.......there was no rellos......you had to bust them mugs open....dump the tobacco. Today I find it funny they got flavored wraps with the tobacco out of it. lol! Who was actually smoking swishers (the actual cigar) anyway? I was so go at busting them shits I used to roll up driving a stick shift.....like a BOSS!!! Them ole cute ass dudes cutting them with a razor or knife......rolling up like a girl. All of that stuff is kind of childish to me now. Dudes all slobbering all over the blunt...drying it with a lighter and it's still wet...ole "let me get extra saliva with dat" face ass. Dude licking and sucking on the blunt like a pro...ole superhead face ass. Making noises while sucking on a blunt...with two hands on it. Licking the shaft of the blunt. My up north homies were smoking optimos.....like an optimo was special or something. I could use change to get me a swisher....they had to pull out their wallet for an optimo. But it was green...and it was cool.....it did the same damn thing for more money. They were some picky MFers. Hell....I emptied out a newport 100 and filled it with weed, then broke the filter off....fuuck it....I ain't got nothing to roll it with and I don't feel like going to the store. If I did smoke, I would probably roll joints and smoke to myself or with a lady friend. Dudes my age who kept smoking are more like weed fiends today. Shit..a dime would last me a week if I smoked today. Dudes be smoking quarters in one hour. "I smoked 3 fat ass blunts to the head" face ass. Funny man.....it would always be that broke dude coming with a cheap ass six pack like he contributing and shit. lmao!

Just say no. Stay in school. Shit is not worth it. I knew this cute girl all of her life since me and her was in the third grade. I had a crush on her. She was always the smartest in every class. Nothing but perfects. If she missed an answer or got like a A with the plus....she was pissed. And it wasn't that her parents were strict. Her mom was real cool, always at the school events...all of us kids loved her mom. But man.........12th grade..........she went from being a future doctor or lawyer to being

The last female I would think to be that. Family was paid. smh. Rap music couldn't have turned that intelligent sexy female out.

Last edited:
^i've done molly maybe 3-4 times but it tends to make people act like *******. i straight up would have no fear robbing 3-4 big ass dudes if i knew they were on mollies.

Damn what happened to just chillin and smoking a blunt?? A blunt, a good mixed drink, and some ol school three 6 mafia and I'm straight as ****

doing molly everyday would render it completely useless. the body picks up a tolerance to that shieeeet in no time. Also LSD is way more fun, cheaper, safer and does a lot more.

TRIPPIN & WEEDIES FOR THE WIN

Molly on rare occasions...

There should be a balance. I'm not going to hate but really we should move on as an audience and a scene. We need at least a balance. Rap music influences black in latino people, and we have these white kids running around talking about struggles minorities used to speak off while we pop molly. So okay if you rap party rap, but don't make the same song again and again. I agree with immortal tech when he said have a spectrum. If you rap about a party rap about so you did drugs and had a good time but don't know where it is you woke up at OR that you were drunk had sex with a girl and now she's pregnant. Do more then I go to a party, have a heart break, and get high. That is talentless and repetitive. Rea talent is not the substance but how far you can stretch the same or similar subject. We gotta have more then this or brown people will lose hip hop just like rock was taken away. Not trying to be prejudiced or anything but why do more people I know think rappers like waka or Rick ross are cool, but have no idea of Ab-soul? Like Lamar said molly rap needs to end. It's time for the Jay elecs and Immortal techs to come out the wood work. We need to let them with more then talk but with our wallets. Stop supporting music that destroys ethnicity, culture, and human life with drugs, mindless sex, and ignorant ways of life.

It doesn't now, nor has it ever, meant pure ecstasy. X is MDMA pressed tablets, molly is powder, and moonrocks are crystals

Ecstasy is MDMA cut with adulterants, which allow it to be in pill forms. Molly used to be MDMA without the adulterants and binders. With the recent popularity spike (especially in Black people), I can assure you any molly you get in the hood is likely cut with those same adulterants, but not pressed. It's the same shit.

Next you're gonna tell me ice has never meant frozen water.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if these other drugs make people feel like I feel naturally. Maybe I have some kind of disorder or something. I tried to get drunk like an alcoholic who runs around butt naked with a cowboy hat riding on a broom like it's a horse........I just throw up.....never can get to that point.

I seen people up and down on cocaine........fuuck all that.

Weed was cool......until I got around people talking over some got damn good music...STFU before I stab the shit out of you......I had to quit....or be in prison.

white liquor.......man fuuck the white liquor....I always had something bad happen to me drinking gin.

Brown liquor was more of my speed. Real smooth.....I ain't trying to steal your lady...I just can't turn this charm off man.

Beer.........I had my Colt 45 days early.

Now.....does a person by the hat sober thinking "one day I will be drunk and this cowboy hat is going to come in handy." IDK.

Being sober is great! I love it. Sober for 16 years now. Just need to stop smoking. Getting ready to smoke m a cigarette now.

damn! I'm trying to stay off alchol, im a beer drinker but im trying lol.. I started back smoking weed in return, now im bustin' swishers every night after work.. I feel you tho rice, I just bust them shits down the middle with my thumbs, I dont even really get the paper all wet, i just feel it up and twist that shit like a pro LOL.. i actually get tired of rolling the blunt sometimes so i went and bought a lil bowl.. Im trying not to smoke all day though, like at work and shit, everybody else be smoking together but i perfer to wait till i get off, go home and smoke my own shit..

but that molly shit, i remeber seeing those floating around heavy like 10 years ago LOL I noticed latley alot of rappers be talkin bout it, and i see alot of people around the way talking about it, and trying it.. i'm good with all that shit LOL I'v done some crazy shit but not these days hell naw lol..

Ecstasy is MDMA cut with adulterants, which allow it to be in pill forms. Molly used to be MDMA without the adulterants and binders. With the recent popularity spike (especially in Black people), I can assure you any molly you get in the hood is likely cut with those same adulterants, but not pressed. It's the same shit.

Next you're gonna tell me ice has never meant frozen water.

Molly is molly whether it's cut or not. It's usually more meth than molly, tho

I used to do Molly all summer back in 08. I was having 3 somes and ****ing sluts. Shit was tight. I stopped because I kept wrecking cars and kept getting ******* prego and started speaking in numbers

Back