It actually takes TALENT to make a westcoast beat.............

JAMESRRTT

To all you trap producers out there that think your a musical genius.........try making a westcoast beat and see If your the musical genius that you think you are

It actually takes talent to make these type of beats

a beginner beatmaker can make a trap beat

major love for the west coast sound, Battlecat, Quik, Daz, Warren G, Khalil, THC, THX, 1500 or Nothin, Focus. i could go on for days and days. Big inspiration in my music

I could say the same for almost all genre's but I still have to say imagination is a very simple instrumental

and it doesn't take talent to create a trap beat?

I dont think so sir

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

battle cat is dope as ****

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

see what battle cat is doing??

thats what talent is

Regardless of what you consider talent, why does it even matter?

Comparing the two styles is apples to oranges. Each style has varying degrees of complexity.

(Cant watch vids, youtube is NSFW)

See I think its more of how much you know about the formula rather than talent. You can only hear what you think sounds like talent. That talent could be trash to someone else and vice versa. When your able to make a certain style of beats it gets easier as you get used to what you think the beat should consist of..."formula".

Yall could never feel for trap music how I still feel about this.

BattleCat

Fuuck yo fruity loops.

It's funny two threads pop up out of nowhere on something I was working on yesterday. Basslines and westcoast flavor. Post it in a minute.

Last edited:
West coast beats have never really been my prerogative....but ups to you if you make em

Lmao. First off niggas don't even post no good trap beats. Then summ nigga got the nerve ta say fuk FL. Lol another sorry excuse for uh thread.

:sigh:

I love westcoast beats, I love trap beats. I love good music. Downin one another ain't gon get you nowhere. How bout you try incorporatin the two? Instead uh talkin bout it..

West Coast beats have a different musicality than Trap music, they draw from different influences, but some of the pre-cursors to Trap music draw from similar influences as West Coast Music, which is why there's similarities between a DJ Quik or a Too-Short and UGK or Eightball & MJG

Then summ nigga got the nerve ta say fuk FL. Lol another sorry excuse for uh thread.

:sigh:

Fuuck Fruity Loops. Fuuck trap beats, and fuuck dance music. I need music with soul........Fruity loops deserves producer credit....producer should get co-producer credit.

Ron Isley can't get jiggy with that trap bullshit.

whoa there riceroni..............fl studio can do anything and everything any other daw can do

every daw does the same thing.......lol

It's all about what you are used to making. A west coast be can be made in the same amount of time a trap beat can be made. It depends in the producer.

who cares what takes more skill to do? At the end of the day who is buying westcoast beats these days? Trap is what is popular I actually feel like an idiot because I cannot make a trap beat for the life of me. At least not a good one and I have been making beats for almost 10 years lol

Westcoast making a comeback. People miss souls actually singing instead of auto tuned.

serena.gif

Last edited:
Back