Is this good chorus for a song?

M

Miss cherry

don't hold back back back back back
don't hold back back back back x2
don't hold back

Well, for one thing, that's the chorus to at least a thousand other songs. But if you can make it work melodically, it may. You gotta give it something where it's unique but familiar enough that it sticks in people's brains.

Literally nobody can truly tell until you put it to song. It just looks like a bunch of repetitive nonsense, but you could make it the hottest chorus of 2013 if you really wanted to.

ok we have 2 chain style here. You make me feel like a CPU processor receiving the same crap 0101010101010101010101010101010101010101010101

As long as it fits hand in hand with what the verses are saying and flows well with the instrumental, it should work out fine.

Last edited:
You have to provide audio. If you read the lyrics of a hit song, it will sound corny but when you actualy put it into audio with good arrangements and melody, it will sound hot. So you have to reference it before showcasing for feedbacks. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
It is good for a chorus if you record it the right way. You can basically write any crap and make it sound good on a record.
I mean, if wrote this without anyone knowing this song...
O-bla-di, o-bla-da, life goes on, brah!...
Lala how the life goes on...
O-bla-di, o-bla-da, life goes on, brah!...
Lala how the life goes on

...every member on this board would be thinking I'm nuts...and this on a classic album, haha.

This is getting funny....but honestly, there is nothing wrong with a chorus like that, in my opinion...You need to find the right beat, the right voice and it can still turn into something decent

Yes it could, I have songs with choruses simple like that. It's how catchy the melody is really. The catchier the melody, the more you can get away with lyrically in my opinion. You could try throwing an, "Oh" or "Ah" or "Yer know" if it'd fit or work at the beginning or end of each line. I actually think the words sound great actually. Not lyrically out there but then it depends on the context of the song I suppose.

Like The Beatles, "Get Back" has a simple chorus:-

"Get Back"
The Beatles

(Chorus)
Get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged,
Get back, get back, get back to where you once belonged.
Get back Jojo.

Last edited:
It has Potential

It depends on if you're rapping or singing. It also depends on the beat and how well you can make it flow to the melody. It has potential though.

Back