Is my beat site too much?

One of the better beat sites i've seen. You wouldn't believe the amount of crap some producers have on their sites. This one seems simple and great to use in comparison. Good job.

Yes, the site is fairly simple, straight forward and easy to navigate. This is good. But on that same note a lot of cats be on their phones and so you def want to consider a solution for that aspect as well.

$.02

Simple and to the point...as all sites should be especially when the intent is to sell a product the product should be the main focus.

I agree with SFTRAXX that a mobile format might be a good idea. I tend to view full site on my phone because I hate stripped down mobile versions, but I have found that I am in the minority in that respect.

Its difficult because the beat player doesnt show up on the mobile site

I hate to do this to you bruh since you've already got things in motion but if you are looking for a more efficient site template that is mobile friendly (and you know some wordpress) you might want to try the Music maker theme. I'm currently using this theme on my site and I can vouch for its effectiveness.

I noticed a lot of my visitors were viewing my site from their phones and so this site theme has turned out to be a blessing. Its responsive (automatically adjusts to the screen that you're on) and eliminates the need for a beat cart. You might wanna check it out. 1 :cheers:

I'd change the font and colour to give it a less amateur feel. Also, I'd maybe not plug in a forum until you get a whole lot more traffic, in terms of how you 'appear'..

Good stuff man - keep at it.

So what kind of font and color would you suggest? I understand what your saying about the forum but i only put it up because most of my visitors wanted one, maybe your right though. I appreciate the feedback thank you.

you really don't need a beat site.. i look at it like this.. if your on a beat site.. they'll go to your site if their looking for you and you only... NOW if your on sound click or youtube or sound cloud.. they can find while going through others people's beats.. your losing potential customers you know what i'm saying

But if you have both you have the best of both worlds. That's where most producers mess up, when they think they only have to be in one place.

true but that is alot to upkeeep.. i got a youtube, 2 soundclouds, and a soundclick it's too much lol

A question or two for you Swag. Which of those are doing well? Why have you got two soundclouds? Is one soundcloud getting more listens than another?

In terms of the website, DISABLE AUTO PLAY. If I want to play your beats, I'll play them. Let your viewer decide what they want to do. Don't force it. However, personally... I'd completely redesign that page:

1. The first thing I saw was "purchase beats"... I looked over to the right and saw "BUY NOW"... Cut that away. Personally, I'd have the audio player at the top, and the list below, with the buy now button being at the bottom.

2. Get rid of the "Join the team" section (for now at least).

3. Why can't I find your newsletter until I scroll down? That should be near the top, maybe where "join the team" is... Also, why are you offering a "free beat"? Does that work? It's the same old selling point on every beat website I come across. I'm instantly not interested in signing up to your newsletter cause any time I see the "free beat when you join my newsletter" I think "UNPROFESSIONAL". Maybe I'm the only one, but I would suggest getting rid of the "join the newsletter and get something for free"... Again don't force it. Make your music the center point, which you've done already, but build on it. Offer the newsletter on the side as a newsletter, not a free beat. You'd be surprised how many people will still sign up.

You've done a lot of things well though, I mean I dislike the fact you have adverts. I dislike the social sharing set up you have. It definitely needs a cleaner look. But I see what you're trying to do, and you're definitely going about it the right way.

I hope all this helps. I've noticed I have been giving fellow producers lots of advice recently. So I decided that I'll be starting an advice section alongside my label website in the near future. If any of this information has been useful, check out www.frofresh.com. There's a newsletter that you can sign up to there.

A question or two for you Swag. Which of those are doing well? Why have you got two soundclouds? Is one soundcloud getting more listens than another?

In terms of the website, DISABLE AUTO PLAY. If I want to play your beats, I'll play them. Let your viewer decide what they want to do. Don't force it. However, personally... I'd completely redesign that page:

1. The first thing I saw was "purchase beats"... I looked over to the right and saw "BUY NOW"... Cut that away. Personally, I'd have the audio player at the top, and the list below, with the buy now button being at the bottom.

2. Get rid of the "Join the team" section (for now at least).

3. Why can't I find your newsletter until I scroll down? That should be near the top, maybe where "join the team" is... Also, why are you offering a "free beat"? Does that work? It's the same old selling point on every beat website I come across. I'm instantly not interested in signing up to your newsletter cause any time I see the "free beat when you join my newsletter" I think "UNPROFESSIONAL". Maybe I'm the only one, but I would suggest getting rid of the "join the newsletter and get something for free"... Again don't force it. Make your music the center point, which you've done already, but build on it. Offer the newsletter on the side as a newsletter, not a free beat. You'd be surprised how many people will still sign up.

You've done a lot of things well though, I mean I dislike the fact you have adverts. I dislike the social sharing set up you have. It definitely needs a cleaner look. But I see what you're trying to do, and you're definitely going about it the right way.

I hope all this helps. I've noticed I have been giving fellow producers lots of advice recently. So I decided that I'll be starting an advice section alongside my label website in the near future. If any of this information has been useful, check out www.frofresh.com. There's a newsletter that you can sign up to there.

Basically I do HOUSE and Rap music.. I keep em separate on the soundcloud..

I see out of your soundcloud, you tube and soundclick? Which is doing the best statistically? Whatever's doing the worst, you should cut that out if it's too much. I would anyway.

It can't hurt... The more avenues I have open, the better chance I have to get discovered by artists.. feel me. but youtube and soundcloud

Back