Is Kendrick Lamar the End of Hip Hop?

at first i didnt like kendricks flow/voice...but when u get past that and really start to listen to what hes saying the flow and voice doesnt matter...kendrick is that dude, ab-soul is that dude on a much higher intelligence imo, hes a mad scientist with his lyrics, and q is just that nigga, probably my fav outta the group...that habits and contradictions was on point

tde is bringing back hip hop, regardless if u like that or not, its like they cover all aspects of hip hop, from lyrics to culture of this new age of hip hop

its refreshing

Hip Hop is like Rock, it wont end anytime soon. Hip hop was based on samples and ingenuity, just like the economy and anything else it has its Rises and Declines, so for years at a time there will be some WEAK ASS MAINSTREAM shit like Rick Ross lol.....Kendrick Come from my State, Cali.....its all about being yourself and not selling out, not trying to necessarily to do what everyone else is doing...You either gotta have a fast tongue or be very intelligent (Which KDOT has both) and be able to present it to the common folks of hip-hop; which would be us homies who basically grew up on the streets...

I have tried numerous amounts of time to listen to the album and understand what the big fuss is about. I cant see it. I think the LP is average at best. Some tracks were OK, some were wack as hell. Ill say one thing, I would rather listen to this guy as opposed to Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Hopsin etc but there are so much more better albums (my opinion) coming out that I cant get too over excited about it. All this "Is he the end/saviour of Hip-Hop" is absolute nonsense. Hip-Hop is so much bigger than one persons LP, get that straight.

This album feels like ATLiens/Aquemeni meets the movie Boyz N Tha Hood.

I'm on my second full listen. I bought it.

And honestly...I'm glad this kid didn't listen to none of y'all in here. He has a masterpiece.

Truue...Kendrick has hella influence from Outkast in his jazzy beat selection and sometimes on his flows...this album is refreshing!

Forget the Illumanti "Aftermath brainwash" conspiracy...this is a dope album that tells a story all the way through with some ill beats/interludes and Kendrick killing it. I will admit nothing from the positive/adversity through beating out Gang life and poverty isnt new...nor is the overall sound. In our day and age this is something that isn't out there and they didn't plug any HUGE singles yet you catch Swimming Pools and the recipe on the radio and playing at parties.

Solid album top to bottom with solid singles that don't jack up the flow of the CD. We shouldn't have to say "now a days we dont get FULL projects that you can listen to like that" we as listeners deserve that...and this is something along those lines!

i only heard a few songs from the album so far...but so far im feelin what i've heard. its different and in this case, different is good. but i been ****in with kendrick since kdot and overly dedicated and i like that he didnt change it up. im down with the whole tde black hippy movement. they got some real hip hop goin on in my opinion. definitely keepin the west alive in the game. its new its fresh and its different. growin up in the hood listenin to their music makes me feel nostalgic. reminds me of back in the day before all this social media when we actually had to play outside. runnin around and buying chips and soda from the ice cream man and chillin on the block. its nwa pac dre dj quik and many more old school west artist reincarnated. its not about whats real and fake hip hop or vanity and substance gangsta or not. everything got its place and we all listen to certain types or feels of music when were feeling that certain mood. so in my opinion kendrick tde black hippy and that whole camp is doin something great for the west for hip hop and for music in general.

I really dig the album, Kendrick creates songs with complex storytelling and goes deeper than most rappers on the charts right now. He didn't go the easy way and create a radio-friendly album...he made a personal one, the way he wanted it to sound. I still love Section.80 as well...in my opinion it's on the same level as this album. If he keeps going and keeps doing his own thing, then hiphop might be going the right way again.

Doubt this is Hip-Hop's last stand. Kendrick, like many new artists coming out, are reinventing Hip-Hop in a manner where more classical elements of the genre are being placed at the fore front. Besides Kendrick, I find myself bumping to Big K.R.I.T a lot, who seems to bring a lot of old school samples and vibes to the limelight, stuff you can bump around your elders and the youngin's.

Last edited:
Doubt this is Hip-Hop's last stand. Kendrick, like many new artists coming out, are reinventing Hip-Hop in a manner where more classical elements of the genre are being placed at the fore front. Besides Kendrick, I find myself bumping to Big K.R.I.T a lot, who seems to bring a lot of old school samples and vibes to the limelight, stuff you can bump around your elders and the youngin's.
brah aren't you the guy that made this shit.

if so props i bump it now at least once every 3 days

Yall make me hate this dude. lol! Stop it!!! Stop overrating him. lol! Wow! He good.......but yall always be on some "gee willikers.....could this save hip hop?" Yall need to stop that.

:)

Kendric is nothing special. His flow and technique is nothing compare to older people. If anything, I think the last "real" mc with real skills is Eminem and even he is getting lazy.

Its just the life of a musician. Take any musician/band from any genre, they always come out with a big suprise, but after 10 years in the game theres absolutely nothing new to come up with. An artist is washed up after 5-10 years.

Back