is dr dre the best producer alive ?

DjPolair

i think he is in a tie with timbo, because his chill west coast beats, the sick piano chords, the basses and hard drums, can't nobody touch dre

Last edited:
i think he is in a tie with timbo, because his chill west coast beats, the sick piano chords, the basses and hard drums, can't nobody touch dre

dr dre has alot of ghost producers working under him just because you see prod by dr dre doesnt mean its produced by him

Personally? I don't think he is.

Dr Dre is good because he mastered a certain style and that style became the branded sound for an entire coast.

Dr hasn't been able to branch outside of hiphop.

If we're going to give the "best producer title" to someone that person would have to be versatile enough to branch and succeed outside of one genre.

Timbaland is closest to that.

Last edited:
He is the best rap PRODUCER alive...

Is he the best beatmaker? No

Is he the best RnB producer? No

Is he the best Rap producer? Yes

There was no "Hip Hop" singing on hooks before he introduced Nate Dogg...

Songs with multiple people on them didn't sound the way they did before he guided them...

His skits on his 2 albums are probably still unmatched and the entire albums seemed to "flow"

Has he made more rap stars than any other producer? I think so.

Last edited:
I think you've gotta give it to him, longevity and how hes stayed relevant for so long is a hard thing to do. Big up Dre you are the daddy!

You dont fall the best in my eyes if you still haven't put the album that was talked about over 11 years ago now...

Please specify, because I could name hundreds of producers (movies, tv shows, other musical genres) that have had more success than Dre.

Ok, maybe not hundreds, but my point is using the correct terminology will take you a long way in a discussion.

Songs with multiple people on them didn't sound the way they did before he guided them...

His skits on his 2 albums are probably still unmatched and the entire albums seemed to "flow"

This right here. People need to think of Dre past Chronic 2001. The man was a DJ and an engineer.

Yes, yes he is

Last edited by a moderator:

no, singing was already part of hip-hop since the beginning.
rapping was already done in the 40's but it wasnt called rap. they called it talking blues.
but it was poetry with music.

The first rappers where basically people that where singing and they found a new technique later called rapping.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Chris Bouchillon - Talking Blues (1926) - YouTube

this was rapping basically in the 20s. it was invented by the african slaves but the white country singers recorded the first records with it i think.

^^^^^^^There you have it folks. rapping started in the South......I knew it!!!! So yall can stfu now! (That's me joking).

But Dre was the best at arranging hip hop and still is IMO. Dre has the best ear in hip hop. Nobody shapes a rapper's vocals like Dre. Dre shapes rap vocals like a singer that is off just a hair.

Last edited:
D'Angelo > _____________ and _____________ or whoever. Everything else is child's play.

But it's not fair to name D'Angelo in greatest producers alive. I haven't heard anything messing with the Voodoo yet.

Last edited:
To Djpolair, I'm really not stalking you, Lol, You're everywhere on this forum!!! I just googled Best Dre beat. I'm getting sucked into thispretty bad.....

Anyways, I'm a very assiduous fan of Dr. Dre but i'll still give an objective opinion about him. The hate that man gets is unbelievable. For anyone of extreme talent, ambiguous production credit is inevitable. I don't wanna start any beef, but the large majority of people who have mostly negative things to say about Dre as a producer are either unintelligible or haters.

To an extent, i understand the controversy over Dre, but the moment i saw some dumbshit saying Scott Storch ghost-produced 'In da Club,' I was incensed. 'In da club' was a Crazy-hit and, as talented as storch is, it's very unlikely he'd be able to come with that sortta genius (if anyone claims that track wasn't indicative of genius just gtfo, honestly). That instrumental epitomized Dre's creative sensibilities and to suggest 'in da club' isn't Dre's genius is just incomprehensible. I have my own theories as to why people fabricate such stories and they're too controversial to say but give the ****in' man his credit.

Summin' it up, Dre's title isn't 'Dr.', It's 'King'. He's definitely one of the greatest musical minds right now. That's just not up for debate.

I'll give him his credit for being a big machine and starting up so much in the music industry, but other than that I won't say he's the best alive. I've heard too many beats that were murdering his to that say.

Wow this is an old thread but best producer in rap? Maybe. I can't really say 100% he is. There are others out there that are putting out some good stuff and I can't remember the last time I really heard anything from but then again I stopped checking for him after the numerous Detox about to be dropped rumors.

Personally I think he's living off his past fame and was smart enough to give his name to some crappy headphones and now everyone is following suit.

If we're talking about best music producer over all then no he's not.

Back