is Dj Mustard a genius or just lucky?

son 17 year old white girls dont give 2 ****s bout ya crazy chords n chops. dey want a superstar on sum simple shyt.

society is dumb my niggas, DONT FIGHT IT, EMBRACE IT!!!!! iono why niggas insist dat da general public start likin jazz ass F 7/13 chords n shyt.

beacuse black girls analyse how the beats are made
<sarcasm>

I like his work.. I made a beat on my soundclick called racks.. Tried to make it like rack city.. Easy as shit.. And like the internet loved it.. Mad people added it to their soundclick stations alotta people bought leases and i already sold the exclusive... But i think he's just a fad. It's hot 'right now' but it will deff die out later..

Strip club music

Yep, also translates into house party music, backyard bbq music.

Mustard at the Q!

Maybe people should target things other than the internet. Most music I hear is "internet music"... no specific audience. They hope "EVERYBODY" likes it.

Who was HAM made for? Why didn't it last that long... it was internet music.

Mustard is filling a void that was left by the Two Live Crew...

If I played some Mustard around my wife, I'd probably have to look at her in disgust... "WHERE YOU LEARN NAT AT!"

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure if Rack City or most of the joints Dj Mustard does fits under a specific west coast sound or subgenre like jerkin music or hyphy does. They might have a name for it but I don't know. I would say joints like cat daddy/jerkin music/teach me how to dougie are the new school version of hypy though at least that's what they evolved from.

Last edited:
son 17 year old white girls dont give 2 ****s bout ya crazy chords n chops. dey want a superstar on sum simple shyt.

society is dumb my niggas, DONT FIGHT IT, EMBRACE IT!!!!! iono why niggas insist dat da general public start likin jazz ass F 7/13 chords n shyt.

and iono y dafuq u iz spellin lyk dat... you say society is dumb? mother****er YOU'RE dumb. spelling like you're forest gump

Naw.. e-40 was rapping on these tracks back in the day, amongst others. It's that hyphy movement from the bay.

We were all doing those hyphy tracks back in 2009... Really though Roc Nation ?
True but Mustard solely made it off of those simple hyphy tracks... i think it was more of a money thing instead of a "you have talent, lets mold you into something more" thing

True but Mustard solely made it off of those simple hyphy tracks... i think it was more of a money thing instead of a "you have talent, lets mold you into something more" thing

That would be quite a short-term vision from the label. Especially given that most of his tracks sound about the same from what I have heard so far.

I think it was more a question of him having the connections to land a deal, no matter what.

^^^I'm not even gonna pretend I read...but if RocNation signed him, it was probably for management, because they're gonna push those beats everywhere they can to make a buck. He probably got that because they saw him doing it on his own and wanted a cut.

That's a good combo, because they're get his beats to artists who never woulda crossed paths with him any other way. A Mustard track could resurrect Wale, Meek Mills, Big Sean, maybe even French Montana right now. And there's tons of up and comers who could benefit from one of his club bangers.

I'm not the biggest fan, but I can see the potential in pairing him with the right artists. I just hop Jay and Kanye don't try to use him to make music for "the young demographic", that would suck!

Back