is Dj Mustard a genius or just lucky?

Alejandro Beats

The reason I say genius is lets face it his beats are so easy to recreate its a joke.So he just basically makes the same beats over and over and gets paid.Now the amount of work he puts in compared to the amount he gets paid im sure is in his favor.Don't get me wrong I love his beats when mixed with yg not so much tyga, but the style is hot.For example I may spend up to a week crafting a crazy ass beat and this guy honestly may spend 10-15min not counting mixing.That is the other great thing about those style beats I can mix them down easily because there is only a few sounds and there is a lot of room for the instruments and the artist.I am almost positive him and lex luger won't last that much longer,but they are on the gravy train right now lol.

If he's on the gravy train then he's a genius.

He didn't search YouTube and try to find out how to sound like Lex Luger.

He's doing the same thing Nitty did a while ago... he forgot about producer critics and thought about people dancing, driving and partying...

Mustard can now say ketch up... if you can.

Complex doesn't mean better.

It does mean better to beatmakers that want props from other beatmakers though.

Last edited:
Didn't really do a lot of research on dude but I believe he is an actual dj. Probably got his connects from dj'ing for rappers. Then started making beats and letting the rappers he was dj'ing for know. Like said complexity is something only producers care about. Nothing wrong with having a simple style if it's your sound. Nitty had a simple sound but it was his.

son 17 year old white girls dont give 2 ****s bout ya crazy chords n chops. dey want a superstar on sum simple shyt.

society is dumb my niggas, DONT FIGHT IT, EMBRACE IT!!!!! iono why niggas insist dat da general public start likin jazz ass F 7/13 chords n shyt.

i thank the lord for DJ Mustard everyday. If you never seen a cali chick get down to a song produced by him, you aint living. Thank you Based Mustard God

all i know is he's on this record, and im assuming he produced it. this stays on repeat. i don't care for those rack city style joints, but if he's got more in the stash like this, i'm listening lol

as far as lucky or genius? i think he makes beats that rappers like and more importantly work in the club/radio environment. there's been many simple beats in hip hop before and there will be after this.

all i know is he's on this record, and im assuming he produced it. this stays on repeat. i don't care for those rack city style joints, but if he's got more in the stash like this, i'm listening lol

as far as lucky or genius? i think he makes beats that rappers like and more importantly work in the club/radio environment. there's been many simple beats in hip hop before and there will be after this.

J. LBS made that beat i believe

Play this around your woman and put a webcam in your room and then leave...

Set the webcam to record... watch it later and you'll be convinced that DJ Mustard connects to the ladies tailbone.

Mustard wins... you're watching a shift as it happens... and you're being stubborn, lol.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

All my unfinished beats have new life!!!! Thank you Mustard

Last edited:
Dudes don't understand MUSIC FOR WOMEN, TO THUMP IN THE CAR, AND THE CLUB.

Then got the nerve to wonder why they ain't gettin no mustard, lol. Pun intended.

How you call yaself "producers" and don't go to the club just to research how people react to certain songs and sounds. Mustard got the formula.

Last edited:
He just figured out what people wanna hear in 2012, since now most of the things are about partying, drugs, sex, electric sounds, faster tempo, etc.., he gave that type of music to mainstream, put a signature with his own style and interpretation. I give him props for that.

He just figured out what people wanna hear in 2012, since now most of the things are about partying, drugs, sex, electric sounds, faster tempo, etc.., he gave that type of music to mainstream, put a signature with his own style and interpretation. I give him props for that.

i think its been said hella times on dis forum. its all about what da consumer wants not about gettin sum pat on da back scooby snack of praise from industry vets.

Its all about "artist development" he been producing for yg for a long time and I guess his sound just caught peoples ear including tyga

Rack city bithc rack rack city bithc

Dudes don't understand mainstream MUSIC FOR WOMEN, TO THUMP IN THE CAR, AND THE CLUB.

Then got the nerve to wonder why they ain't gettin no mustard, lol. Pun intended.

How you call yaself "producers" and don't go to the club just to research how people react to certain songs and sounds. Mustard got the formula.

Fixed your post.

No reason to fix it. If it's being bumped in cars, clubs, and women love it, there's no reason to edit a post...IT'S MAINSTREAM. Duh. WTF do you think music is when it's popular.

Wu Tang was once MAINSTREAM HIP HOP. B.I.G., PAC, even NAS. Quit pretending some ethical code is being broken when you make music that people like.

Back