Ipad for music??

What do you think of the ipad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is really not about the ipad 2 in particular, but the ipad 3, 4,5,6. I've been watching namm videos and it appears to be a lot of docked equipment for the ipad 2. I'm fascinated. No doubt I'm getting an ipad. I want one now, but ipad 3 may have the ability to do what I really want. Maybe a Reason 3 version for the ipad? IDK. But the things the ipad 2 is capable of is incredible to me. Just don't think it's there yet. Feels like new software and you will have to keep upgrading (spending) money on the new ones to get the technology from other products that you want.

Question? Do you think the ipad or other products like it are the future or is it a fad soon to fade away in 3 years as far as music production?

sorry for resurrecting this thread, but we have recently answered this question in the first of a series of articles about the ipad for music making here:

Making Music on the iPad : The iPad for Musicians: Present State - Audiofanzine

People said the same about recording with computers in the late 80's early 90's. Now everyone does it and doesn't even think twice about it. Technology changes, advances and we get the benefit.

Back