Infrasound and Binaural beats(this could blow your mind)

A

ALIASTrP

(info gathered from wikipedia and summarized by me)
These two sound principles could be the ultimate link between music and the human body/mind. When i went to my college today to talk to my admissions officer we got into discussing these two (cant remeber how or why) he told me to look it up and i did and the things that i found out were crazy.
Fuuck sound elements u can only hear wat about adding those that u cant hear that affect the whole mind.

Binaural beats could possibly change a persons mood. You could market a cd that helps u focus that actually does wat it says. But not only can they affect moods they can induce a dreamlike lucid state of mind, or even make the listener go through an out of body expiereince. Now, Binaural beats are possible and im goin to post up a chart of frequencies and possible affects:
Frequency range Name Usually associated with:
> 40 Hz Gamma waves
13–40 Hz Beta waves Attention
7–13 Hz Alpha waves Relaxation (while staying awake)
4–7 Hz Theta waves Dreams, deep meditation, hypnosis
< 4 Hz Delta waves Deep dreamless sleep

Now for infrasound, infrasound occurs naturally in the Earth it is somtimes produced after earthquakes or valcano eruptions and other natural events. This also plays on the brain/emotions although it can not be heard by the human ear we do feel the effects. Infrasound is known to cause a feeling of awe or fear. It has been proven that it does work, when used it can produce anxiety,uneasiness, extreme sorrow, nervous feelings of revulsion or fear and chills down the spine which have to do wit the infrasonic events. Studies show that when this event happens it can produce these feelings without knowing why or how they came about. They also say that this is the cause of many ghost sitings 19hz seems to be the "magic" number since ur eyeballs may resonate at this same frequency causing confusion or illusions.

The frequency range for infrasound is 16 or 17hz all the way down to 0.001hz

In my conclusion i plan to introduce these into my music if it is possible ima do alot more studying to find out how to re-create these. Wat do you all think of this?

i think this may be sticky worthy

Last edited by a moderator:
Lustmord (dark ambient musician) uses alot of these sub-frequencies in his music. To good effect too. Velvet Cacoon uses alot of this sort of stuff on their Northsuite and Genevieve albums as well, specifically in the songs Bete Noir and Northsuite. Really haunting stuff.

ive never heard of those genres but i knew other people knew about this but i was mainley focusing on introducing this to the community of hip-hop and rnb producer community thats why i really want people to come here and read this infrasound and binaural beats could change the way we producers (hip hop and rnb) do wat we do

freqs

Hi,
Yeah theres definately some interesting stuff going on around this sphere at the moment.Though to be honest the importance of understanding numbers ;thats what it boils down to ultimately; is old hat,
I think theres a couple of American companies doing this at the moment.Kinda of new age stuff.The idea is listener wears headphones.with two sine waves at differant frequencies in each ear.The differance between the two,is the resultant frequency in which the brain starts to operate on.
Eg Left Ear 10 cycles per second
Right Ear 20 cycles per second
Brain starts to operate at 10 cycles per second.
They;re using it specifically to slow down the brain,in order to reach deeper meditation.
If you ask me this **** will hit us hard in about 30 years.,,,going to be some big changes in the way music will be listened to,

Well this is future producers so im tryin to introduce somthing to thiink on or apply to music now
to kev11111 (ect lol) could u go in deeper on these things?

its 2007 its no time like the present to start trying new things that could change the future of how we do music i plan to start on this as soon as i come up wit a good plan to go about doin this

as the thing with the dominant-ear and the brain's response to transients, this is not true. LOL
kidding.

look up the Schumann Resonance, but PLEASE, don't tell anybody else the lizards from space are controlling our brains. lol

the use of it is as new as Tesla (if you want to look him up).

ALIASTrP said:
(info gathered from wikipedia and summarized by me)
These two sound principles could be the ultimate link between music and the human body/mind. When i went to my college today to talk to my admissions officer we got into discussing these two (cant remeber how or why) he told me to look it up and i did and the things that i found out were crazy.
Fuuck sound elements u can only hear wat about adding those that u cant hear that affect the whole mind.

Binaural beats could possibly change a persons mood. You could market a cd that helps u focus that actually does wat it says. But not only can they affect moods they can induce a dreamlike lucid state of mind, or even make the listener go through an out of body expiereince. Now, Binaural beats are possible and im goin to post up a chart of frequencies and possible affects:
Frequency range Name Usually associated with:
> 40 Hz Gamma waves
13–40 Hz Beta waves Attention
7–13 Hz Alpha waves Relaxation (while staying awake)
4–7 Hz Theta waves Dreams, deep meditation, hypnosis
< 4 Hz Delta waves Deep dreamless sleep

Now for infrasound, infrasound occurs naturally in the Earth it is somtimes produced after earthquakes or valcano eruptions and other natural events. This also plays on the brain/emotions although it can not be heard by the human ear we do feel the effects. Infrasound is known to cause a feeling of awe or fear. It has been proven that it does work, when used it can produce anxiety,uneasiness, extreme sorrow, nervous feelings of revulsion or fear and chills down the spine which have to do wit the infrasonic events. Studies show that when this event happens it can produce these feelings without knowing why or how they came about. They also say that this is the cause of many ghost sitings 19hz seems to be the "magic" number since ur eyeballs may resonate at this same frequency causing confusion or illusions.

The frequency range for infrasound is 16 or 17hz all the way down to 0.001hz

In my conclusion i plan to introduce these into my music if it is possible ima do alot more studying to find out how to re-create these. Wat do you all think of this?

i think this may be sticky worthy

How would u be able to us this for music in particularly Hip Hop Pop R&B. Even Punk Rock and Country hor could u use this info for music if u find out u could win like the Nobel Prize(either that or a grammy) lol. I dont understand how you could have an instrument at 4hz though thats way past inaudible so how could i even know i put some thing at that frequency while making a beat.

bdondaunique1 said:
How would u be able to us this for music in particularly Hip Hop Pop R&B. Even Punk Rock and Country hor could u use this info for music if u find out u could win like the Nobel Prize(either that or a grammy) lol. I dont understand how you could have an instrument at 4hz though thats way past inaudible so how could i even know i put some thing at that frequency while making a beat.
thats wat im tryin to figure out, infrasound is already in use by some artist i guess the only way u would be able to achieve it is by using certain frequency analyzers or possibly somthin like a spectrum analyzer i gotta do some more reading/research

also its not the fact that the instrument has to be at 4hz or watever it dosent have to be an instrument jus a sound wave (a saw wave resonating at lik 10hz or somthin)since it its not audible(for humans) it will not affect the overall sound of the music jus the feelin u get from listnin to the music

http://www.rogernicholsdigital.com/inspectorxl.htm i was lookin at this vst it features a spectrum analyzer that u can make it target a certain frequency range it will be good for u to spot when u hit the right range

edit:scratch that above vst, i will post a vst when i find one that can go below 20hz if not u might have to find some type of hardware

works cited:http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/t_and_m/spectrum_analyser/spectrum_analyzer.php

Spectrum Analyzer Tutorial

- using spectrum analyzers to make radio frequency tests and measurements

Spectrum analysers or analyzers are an invaluable item of electronic test equipment used in the design, test and maintenance of radio frequency circuitry and equipment. Spectrum analysers, like oscilloscopes are a basic tool used for observing signals. However, where oscilloscopes look at signals in the time domain, spectrum analyzers look at signals in the frequency domain. Thus a spectrum analyser will display the amplitude of signals on the vertical scale, and the frequency of the signals on the horizontal scale.

In view of the way in which a spectrum analyzer displays its output, it is widely used for looking at the spectrum being generated by a source. In this way the levels of spurious signals including harmonics, intermodulation products, noise and other signals can be monitored to discover whether they conform to their required levels. Additionally spectrum analysers can make measurements of the bandwidth of modulated signals can be checked to discover whether they fall within the required mask. Another application of a spectrum analyzer is in checking and testing the response of filters and networks. By using a tracking generator - a signal generator that tracks the instantaneous frequency being monitored by the spectrum analyser, it is possible to see the loss at any given frequency. In this way the spectrum analyser makes a plot of the frequency response of the network.

The display
The purpose of a spectrum analyzer is to provide a plot or trace of signal amplitude against frequency. The display has a graticule which typically has ten major horizontal and ten major vertical divisions.

The horizontal axis of the analyzer is linearly calibrated in frequency with the higher frequency being at the right hand side of the display. The vertical axis is calibrated in amplitude. Although there is normally the possibility of selecting a linear or logarithmic scale, for most applications a logarithmic scale is chosen. This is because it enables signals over a much wider range to be seen on the spectrum analyser. Typically a value of 10 dB per division is used. This scale is normally calibrated in dBm (decibels relative 1 milliwatt) and therefore it is possible to see absolute power levels as well as comparing the difference in level between two signals. Similarly when using a linear scale is used, this is often calibrated in volts to enable absolute measurements to be made using the spectrum analyzer.

Setting the frequency
To set the frequency of a spectrum analyser, there are two selections that can be made. These are independent of each other. The first selection is the centre frequency. As the name suggests, this sets the frequency of the centre of the scale to the chosen value. It is normally where the signal to be monitored would be located. In this way the main signal and the regions either side can be monitored. The second selection that can be made on the analyzer is the span, or the extent of the region either side of the centre frequency that is to be viewed or monitored. The span may be give as a given frequency per division, or the total span that is seen on the calibrated part of the screen, i.e. within the maximum extents of the calibrations on the graticule. Another option that is often available is to set the start and stop frequencies of the scan. This is another way of expressing the span as the difference between the start and stop frequencies is equal to the span.

Adjusting the gain
There are many other controls on a spectrum analyser. Most of these fall into one of two categories. The first is associated with the gain or attenuation of sections within the spectrum analyzer. If sections are overloaded, then spurious signals may be generated within the instrument. If this occurs then false readings will be give. To prevent this happening it is necessary to ensure that the input stages in particular are not overloaded and an RF attenuator is used. However if too much attenuation is inserted, additional gain is required in the later stages (IF gain) and the background noise level is increased and this can sometimes mask lower level signals. Thus a careful choice of the relevant gain levels within the spectrum analyzer is needed to obtain the optimum performance..

Scan rate
The spectrum analyser operates by scanning the required frequency span from the low to the high end of the required range. The speed at which it does this is important. Obviously the faster it scans the range the faster the measurement can be made. However the rate of scan of the spectrum analyzer is limited by two other elements within the instrument. These elements are the filter that is used in the IF, and the video filter that may also be used to average the reading. These filters must have time to respond otherwise signals will be missed and the measurements rendered useless. Nevertheless it is still essential to keep the scan rate as high as is reasonably feasible to ensure that measurements are made as quickly as possible. Often the filter scan rate, and the filter bandwidths are linked to ensure the optimum combination is chosen.

Filter bandwidths
The other controls concern the filter bandwidths within the instrument. There are generally two types, namely the IF and video filters.

The IF filter basic provides the resolution of the spectrum analyzer in terms of the frequency. Choosing a narrow filter bandwidth will enable signals to be seen that are close together. However by the very fact that they are narrow band these filters do not respond to changes as quickly as wider band ones. Accordingly a slower scan rate must be chosen when using them.

The video filters enable a form of averaging to be applied to the signal. This has the effect of reducing the variations caused by noise and this can help average the signal and thereby reveal signals that may not otherwise be seen. Using video filtering also limits the speed at which the spectrum analyser can scan.

When having to use narrow bandwidths and slow scan rates, the time that a measurement can be made by reducing the span that needs to be scanned. Even though a slow scan rate must be used, the range over which the scan must be made can be reduced, thereby reducing the scan time for the analyzer.

Summary
Spectrum analyzers are very useful tools for anyone looking at radio frequency signals. They are somewhat more complicated than many other instruments to use, but with a little familiarity they can be used to display a wide variety of useful information.

I think you'll have a hard time finding monitors (and a ROOM!) that can produce a 7.83Hz wave. :D
it will be really hard. a spectrum analyzer will only tell you WHEN you hit that range. BUT, you gotta have an oscillator (and once again, a reproduction system and a room) that can generate the EXACT frequency you are looking for for a long period of time, NOT just the range of lets say 3-15Hz.

so good luck getting the millions of funds and check out HAARP. :D

most speakers (if any) don't go down that low in frequency. With binaural beats, you listen to one oscillator in one ear (1kHz for example) and in the other ear, it's 1kHz +4Hz. The difference causes your brain to resonate at 4Hz. There is a different resonant frequency for alpha, beta, theta, etc. states of mind. Something like that, google knows a lot more about it than I do, but they already use it in holistic CDs and I think sharper image might have a couple products that use it. I think it's
most effective with headphones on (hence the term binaural).

Also, a lot of new (to the public) crowd-control and non-lethal weapons are based on resonant frequencies.

wow interesting stuff. im hella tired but ill read the rest of the info on the thread later. i really want to know more about this. i never thought about sound frequencies affecting a person's mood but i guess its not that farfetched. but anyways... WOW! haha

Darko basically said what I wanted to say....most speakers cant even produce a sound that low according to their specs...how do you go about doing this then, unless you also build a speaker to reproduce the sound(37" sub eh? Mythbusters anybody?)

u dont need to hear a frequency that low since we (humans) cant even hear frequencies that low all we need is sort some of tool to see when we hit that frequency

this is some next level **** I'm so not ready for. I'm hearing sht about inaudible frequences and 7.omb waves and ****....man. I have a lot of work to do, cause i dunno what the fk you guys are talking about.

Hearing it isnt my point....my point is that most speakers cant even reproduce those frequencies...even subwoofers...so how is it going to be accomplished?

Back