I'm building a one person booth in my room. Have Questions.

xermane

Im wondering what my dimensions should be. I only want it to fit one person and the mic .For vocals only.

so probably 20' x 15' x 8'

Two approaches here:

One is to build a completely isolated booth which is much harder to do than it sounds, including intake and exhaust air vents (otherwise they will die a slow death due to CO[sub]2[/sub] poisoning)
Two is to build a room with an open doorway and some plexiglass (perspex) windows

Imagine, if you will, that you choose a corner of this 20' x 15' floorspace. Along the long wall come down 6'4" and then place a 4" thick wall with studs over the top of a rubberised base plate at 70[sup]o[/sup] away from the corner. Extend this wall 4' into the room. Now from the end of this wall, extend another 4" thick wall back towards the short wall, making a 100[sup]o[/sup] angle between it and the first wall (30[sup]o[/sup] between it and the long wall) - extend this wall 5'6" towards the short wall. these walls extend from floor to ceiling.

Leave the opening as is. Now at the corner, put in a 16" x 8" triangular prism all the way to the roof.

Put rockwool in between the two walls (rubber sheeting between two layers of plywood or gypsum/wall-board).

vb-in-garage.png

Back