I wanna see more studio pics! Here's mine

Krystel

Hey ya'll, here's a picture of my set up. This is only for recording/mixing vocals, I don't make beats yet, I get them from my producers. We will be getting an MPC2000XL, but ran out of money...also gonna hook this up with two LCD flat screen monitors when more $$ comes in..

So far, workin with:

Gateway 500S series PC, 512MB, 2GB
Nuendo H2O
Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96
DBX 286A pre amp/processor
Behringer UB2222FX Pro Eurorack Mixer
Alesis Monitor-1 MK2 monitors
AT4033a condenser mic

2agvpk
2agw83

Last edited:
BTW, haven't finished with the acoustic treatment in the vocal booth, still gotta hang foam on the sides and door....

Is that just a recording studio or...Do you make music or just record vocals there?

Krystel said:
Hey ya'll, here's a picture of my set up. This is only for recording/mixing vocals, I don't make beats yet, I get them from my producers.

lol,sorry I should have read the post...I just looked at the pics.

Krystel said:
DBX 286A pre amp/processor
AT4033a condenser mic

Looky here: I use the same Mic-Pre! :D

I have the Shure KSM27, how is hte AT 4033 with yours?

I might pick on up because my friend has the 4040 and it seemed a bit harsher than the Shure but I still want it to add to the arsenal.

Originally posted by Krystel Nuendo H2O

h20?? bootleg copy of nuendo nuendo?? H20 was never released H20=PIRATED COPy

shakes my head at his guy

Last edited by a moderator:
sTaGe FryTe said:

h20?? bootleg copy of nuendo nuendo?? H20 was never released H20=PIRATED COPy

shakes my head at his guy

It was given to me by my producer so we have compatible software. I'm not tryin to bootleg **** or use pirate software, I'm only recording vocals and want compatibility with my producer's files. I didn't steal this software nor do I plan to share it with anyone else.

BTW, I'm not a guy.

CubaseRox said:

Looky here: I use the same Mic-Pre! :D

I have the Shure KSM27, how is hte AT 4033 with yours?

I really like the 4033. The 4033a is the older version that you can't really get anymore. I bought mine off of a private owner in Nashville. It's nice...

About my copy of Nuendo, I apologize if I offended or upset anyone over the version of Nuendo that I am using. I did NOT know this was a pirated copy until someone pointed it out. I am very new to the software game and I didn't realize this was a no-no even if it was in your own camp, ya know what i mean?

I'm just a singer trying to make music, not trying to cheat anyone out of their livelihood.

I also didn't read the rules about posting in the forum.

So again, I apologize to all FP members out there.

Krystel & CubaseRox:

How is the DBX286A? Is it just good enough for now or would/will you replace it with something else down the road? I'm thinking of getting one.

Mr.Curlz said:
Krystel & CubaseRox:

How is the DBX286A? Is it just good enough for now or would/will you replace it with something else down the road? I'm thinking of getting one.

I like the 286a. I wanted the 386, but it was a lot more money.

You can use the 286 for now and/or exchange it for something better down the line. Sometimes I get finicky with how it sounds with certain people. Well, basically I know that not all pres are suited for every singer just like not all mics are either.

I am 90% happy with it, it does have nice processing. I would say its pretty much worth what it costs. Would be better to buy a used one for half the brand new price.

Does that help.

daaaaaaaamn girl!!!

oh.....nice set-up too ;)

oh...and great studio :D ....did you say what kinda music you were into?

Yeah, that helped. When you say exchange, do you mean taking it back to the store and getting something else and paying a few extra dollars? If that's the case, exchanging is not a luxury I have in Jamaica. Shipping costs are a killer here. I might hold off and get the Art Pro Channel Tube Mic Preamp instead. I've heard some good things about it.

Mr.Curlz said:
When you say exchange, do you mean taking it back to the store and getting something else and paying a few extra dollars?

Sorry, let me clarify that!

I meant it in a way that you would buy a new one from a store or online. And either keep or sell the old one.

Stores dont allow you to exchange items if the warranty grace period has passed. I mean if you buy it and then like 6 days later you dont want it then a store would make an exchange. But if you had it for like 11 months and then tried that I doubt the store would go for it.

I agree w/ CubaseRox, it's great to start. I'm familiar with it from other setups and it works for me. I also agree about tryin to find it used....I bought mine for $110 on EBAY, hell yeah.

Mr Curlz, you got access to Ebay, right? It's a gold mine for equipment. Do be careful who you buy from, make sure they have good user ratings, but I got my mic, Aardvark, DBX, and mixer off of ebay. You can buy products new or used.

(I've even bought a car off ebay)

Last edited:
Back