I tld this guy i wouldnt give him any more free beats

ahhhhh i cringe when dudes give away free beats

its like saying: i work hard at making a decent beat..and i'm going to give it to you..along with myself respect....ey, can we trade phone numbas in case you blow up ?

PRODUCERS IS IN CHARGE, BUT ONLY DOPE PRODUCERS

Last edited:
well you're on the right path calling this wack cocksucker out for it. that beat is ill btw, great job.

Good look homie, and shit it aint AS MUCH about calling him out as it is for everyone here to learn from my mistake. I conditioned him to think he deserved free beats from me, and that was all my fault. Shoulda told him from the jump I planned on eventually charging but I just was new in the game. Only been at this bout 10 months now.

And @ dude right about this post, your right. But ay you live and learn lol #NoFreeBeats

btw, i think you're selling yourself short by giving free beats away.

Your stuff is pretty good.

btw, i think you're selling yourself short by giving free beats away.

Your stuff is pretty good.

I really, really appreciate the compliments, and I agree. Thats why I hadda cut that bs out! lbvs. Ive sold beats to three separate people at this point though, so I know I can continue to do so.

are you guys talking more specifically about giving rappers beats for free? i think its quite good for you to let some people use a beat sometimes for free as you could establish a name. but sometimes they tend to exploit that. i recently had quite a pickle with adidas , tryna pull the "good exposure" card out for getting a beat free.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

oh and magestik legend wanted to charge ME 200 $ for me giving him a beat. as his "name" is bigger than mine..... :4theloveofgod:

are you guys talking more specifically about giving rappers beats for free? i think its quite good for you to let some people use a beat sometimes for free as you could establish a name. but sometimes they tend to exploit that. i recently had quite a pickle with adidas , tryna pull the "good exposure" card out for getting a beat free.

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

oh and magestik legend wanted to charge ME 200 $ for me giving him a beat. as his "name" is bigger than mine..... :4theloveofgod:

Yeah man the game is all retarded.....we feel like rappers need us to make songs they feel like we need them to get our names out......

Whats ****ed up is that they expect us to give them the beat FOR FREE.....because theyre putting it on a FREE MIXTAPE....

But are they gonna break us off a % of the show money when the perform the song....oh they arent doing paid shows.....do they ever plan too? hmmm......"I'll break you off bro".....right

"I dont wanna buy your beats, but I know people who will"

"Without me youd just be some unknown dude who makes beats"

"bla bla bla"

I wouldnt even give my favorite artist a free beat. What I would do is give them the beat for an advance, and let them keep all the publishing in return for giving me credit for producing the beat. Just to start....then once I was out there the price goes up and I want my share of publishing. Idk, obviously I havent figured it all out yet and havent been in that situation but the time will come.

The dude who made the video (pyrex) just called me..........

Dude is real cool, and I just wanna say HE DIDNT TAKE MY NAME OUT!

Denial never told him my twitter or anything to put in in the first place, but he came at me and said "im telling pyrex to take your name out of the video"

Basically pyrex was saying its affecting him because its his channel and shit, and he feels like the project as a whole is dope, and I feel him on that. I didnt mean for any negativity towards him at all, and thats not what this post was about. It was just to show other producers a mistake I made which was giving him hella free beats.

So I just wanted to put out there that pyrex is cool as shit, and I never meant any disrespect towards him, the video its self is nice, and I'll probably be working with pyrex in the future. He also said hes adding my twitter name into the title and shit, so everything works out in the end lol!

Breh there are some battles worth fighting over and others that arent. If adidas wanted you to produce something for them and you turned that down, idk if thats a good business move but thats just me.

Breh there are some battles worth fighting over and others that arent. If adidas wanted you to produce something for them and you turned that down, idk if thats a good business move but thats just me.

totally dude. thats why im meeting with them this week, but theres a point when you have to decide whether theyre taking you for a ride or not. thats what i aim to find out. dont get my wrong. im adidas freak! im so ****in stoked they even know who we are. but you need to stand your ground with SOME things. know what i mean? i dont wanna go to much into details and seem like im bad mouthing them, but yeah, like, its just weird how some companies want a free beat when youd assume they had the money. thats just a general statement

you have to decide who you want to invest in as far as free beats???

take in the facts
of
1.how much buzz the artist(s) have
2.do they work hard to promote their music
3.are they about they business (includes giving credit to producers)
4.do they make quality music that you would want your instrumentals to be used to make songs on
5.do you see a future for the artists
6.are you willing to promote them
7.are they worth adding on to your discography

and why are the big dogs on Soundclick giving away free downloads again??
after saying no more
they went back to it

and is free downloads the same as free beats?? in your eyes???

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rted/studio-upgrade-what-do-you-think-415775/

-Coach Antonio
"Let Me Handle your next Praise Party"

Make Money from Your Music New Money Marketing Forum*
*Music Business Professionals Read Their Tips
Elite Services for those Who Want to Attain their Goals
Research and Information Gathering Expert
Building Relationships to Build Success
Get the Information and Direction You Deserve
The Walking On Water Media/Ent. Business Coach Antonio​

ag, if you spit, diss his ass on a track, or maybe get someone else to. have some fun with it, the damn guy looks like dirk nowitzki's retarded brother and raps like a second rate mac miller. it's an easy lay up.

ag, if you spit, diss his ass on a track, or maybe get someone else to. have some fun with it, the damn guy looks like dirk nowitzki's retarded brother and raps like a second rate mac miller. it's an easy lay up.

LMFAO!

Im waiting on him to put out a "diss track". I can spit but dont really just cause I dont like the rap game and bla bla but shit I thought about it. If he wastes his time putting out a diss track though im just gonna laugh my ass off and shrug it off. Make it known that the whole reason he's dissing/been dissing is because I said no more free beats. Probably wont waste my time recording a diss track back.

I never wanted it to get to that point with him, I have all the texts of how nice I was when explaining that I couldnt give any free beats anymore and everything. Was telling him i **** with your music, its nothing personal, keep grindin etc etc.

Its whatever, he had it made getting dope, good quality beats from me, now hes like **** man how am I gonna rap now if I cant get these sick ass free beats. Im interested to see waht he did with all the ones I gave him, cause IMO they arent his style, but we'll see if he releases them or not lol.

Now that I've decided to start charging people half up front for all my services, my clientele is shifting. Those same people who would come to me wanting beats, and they got all this stuff going on, I don't hear from anymore.

It happens. But you can't continue to sell yourself short forever.

Money is an instant way to separate the BS'ers from the people who are doing legitimate business.

Now that I've decided to start charging people half up front for all my services, my clientele is shifting. Those same people who would come to me wanting beats, and they got all this stuff going on, I don't hear from anymore.

It happens. But you can't continue to sell yourself short forever.

Money is an instant way to separate the BS'ers from the people who are doing legitimate business.

Definitely true statements. It kinda sucks cause its like im stopping people from making music cause they dont wanna pay for my beats, but thats just cause they dont see the big picture.

But like I always tell them, this is what Im trying to do with my life, not just a passtime, and the hours and hours I spend practicing/learning/studying are of value TO ME and if you want me to give my skills TO YOU then you have to compensate me some how.

And "promo" really doesnt cut it because I can do that myself through youtube videos and things of that nature. I dont need a rapper to rap on my beat for promo. Once I get my shit going and the right people hear my beats they WILL pay. Shit they already have and its the beginning of this journey for me.

I just watched the video, I'd be glad my name isn't on that, dude is so bad it is embarrassing. Obviously nothing original and it sounds like your beat is mainly sampled as well, just hope he gets sued.

I just watched the video, I'd be glad my name isn't on that, dude is so bad it is embarrassing. Obviously nothing original and it sounds like your beat is mainly sampled as well, just hope he gets sued.

I had absolutely no idea what i was doing when I made that beat. It had three kick drums like 3 or 4 snares......smh lol. I swear it was like my 3rd "full beat"

Nothing wrong with the beat.
Thanks. I was telling him not to do a vid to it though just cause its one of those things were ppl like it but I just know the story behind it and dont lol. Its cool but shit Im just better now then I was then. But its all a learnin experience haha.

I appreciate the shit out of everyones compliments on the beat though.

Back