I Read Something Very Interesting About Trap Music That Got Me Thinking!!!

oboytrakzz

"O"BoyTrakzz
First I Have Nothing Against FL Studios. I Used It To Learn About Computer Music Myself, Its A Good DAW. I Read That If FL Studio Was Never Created.. Trap Music Would Never Exist. What Are Ya'll Thoughts

First I Have Nothing Against FL Studios. I Used It To Learn About Computer Music Myself, Its A Good DAW. I Read That If FL Studio Was Never Created.. Trap Music Would Never Exist. What Are Ya'll Thoughts

I don't agree DJ Toomp, Dj Paul, Zaytoven, Drumma boy, don't even use FL Studio.
it just made it more accessible to the average person.

Last edited:
everybody uses FL. even in the electronica world. i know Avicii uses FL and same with Afrojack

Incorrect you can make trap music with any daw and b4 fl studio was real popular people where making/still making trap beats off of mpc's and workstation keyboards

So Lex Luger Can Swim Thru A MPC and Motifs? Of Course You Make it with any DAW, Now that is been Created

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Im not Knocking FL As A DAW. I Read That Because Of Fl Studio , We have Trap Music..

LOL
Ain't NO ONE gon' tell me what to use or not!
If people hate FL Studio and i happen to like it, damn right ima keep using it till my body is paralized lol.

Oh.. i don't make trap music btw.

And yes i use FL Studio

Last edited:
Lex Luger didnt create trap music though it was started by Shawty Redd who was using all hardware at the time. Lex just happened to have the biggest commercial hits (Hard in the paint, B.M.F) with that "trap sound" and was using fl studio so he became the poster child of trap music today. Lex has stated he does use a mpc for sampling and was using one before he used fl studio though.

LOL
Ain't NO ONE gon' tell me what to use or not!
If people hate FL Studio and i happen to like it, damn right ima keep using it till my body is paralized lol.

Oh.. i don't make trap music btw.

And yes i use FL Studio

This Has Nothing To Do With What DAW You Use. I Read, Because OF FL STudio, We Have Trap Music

No fruity loops=no trap music=bullshit
trap music really started with jeezy mixtape streetz iz watching on to trap or die.Shawty redd produced most of them beats and was using mpcs and keyboards not fruity loops.Anyway who cares its not going anywhere people love trap music just like people love samples damn find what you like and stick to it dont go talkin down on some shit that you never liked anyway if you like sample beats go listen to music with sampled beats if people like trap beats no matter how they was made let them like what want to.Niggas all bitter cause trap music taking over lmao :cry: Fruity loops=a simple program to make whatever music and people chose make trap shit cause thats what they like so what stop crying cause it gon stop rappers love trap beats

Fruity Loops (the early, less respected version) was taken as a joke. FL Studio (the later, more respected version) is taken as a serious DAW because a lot of "producers"/"beatmakers" use it. To say that one DAW created a sub genre by itself is absurd. That's like saying that if it wasn't for MPCs we wouldn't have Hip-Hop. Just because a type of music is made primarily with a piece a gear doesn't mean that it wouldn't exist without it! Rock-n-roll without the electric guitar or any genre of music outside of classical music without drums would spun a better debate. What FL Studio allowed to happen was to saturate the market because of the simplicity of its workflow to transfer what you hear in your head to a beat that can be heard by others. Here's a better "assumption." If it wasn't for 808s, we wouldn't have trap music. Think about it.

No fruity loops=no trap music=bullshit
trap music really started with jeezy mixtape streetz iz watching on to trap or die.Shawty redd produced most of them beats and was using mpcs and keyboards not fruity loops.Anyway who cares its not going anywhere people love trap music just like people love samples damn find what you like and stick to it dont go talkin down on some shit that you never liked anyway if you like sample beats go listen to music with sampled beats if people like trap beats no matter how they was made let them like what want to.Niggas all bitter cause trap music taking over lmao :cry: Fruity loops=a simple program to make whatever music and people chose make trap shit cause thats what they like so what stop crying cause it gon stop rappers love trap beats

Relax Brah, I like Trap music To. Read My Post I said I READ an article bout it. No Music is taking over SH:t. All Music is good if you like it.OMG!

Shawty Redd and dude down in Florida who's name escapes me(D. Rich?) were the originators of the "Lex Luger Sound"(64th hat's and snare rolls, melody pitch ups, that shaker/Ha! sound). They used hardware. Lex Luger just ran with it hard while they variated their styles.

Trap would still exist without FL. Lex luger beats arent the only "trap sound" either. Look into Shawty Redd, Drummer Boy, Juicy j/Three Six, Zaytoven. These guys built this from ground up, now anyone with FL can emulate it, but they was doin this on MPCs and Tritons.

Look into Juicy j/Three Six These guys built this from ground up, now anyone with FL can emulate it, but they was doin this on MPCs and Tritons.

I like to argue this point that the old three six mafia sound is trap music because it isnt. Its a get krunk/buck style of music.

dj paul and juicy j just recently started rapping over trap beats these last few years...(drumma boy,Luger,Lody, exc) all there music from 1990-2008 is not trap music..thats just DOWN SOUTH RAP over SOUTHERN RAP..

And if you listen closely enough shawty redd/d.rich have there own type of swagg when it comes to trap compared to Lex luger beats.

lex luger _BMF
DRICH/SHAWTYREDD_SUPAFREAK_WIN WIN

i love trap!

I like to argue this point that the old three six mafia sound is trap music because it isnt. Its a get krunk/buck style of music.

dj paul and juicy j just recently started rapping over trap beats these last few years...(drumma boy,Luger,Lody, exc) all there music from 1990-2008 is not trap music..thats just DOWN SOUTH RAP over SOUTHERN RAP..

And if you listen closely enough shawty redd/d.rich have there own type of swagg when it comes to trap compared to Lex luger beats.

lex luger _BMF
DRICH/SHAWTYREDD_SUPAFREAK_WIN WIN

i love trap!

I didn't say "old 3-6" I said "3-6". They been around since the 90s, of course their sound has changed. But since around 2004 they've been making music that would be easily categorized as the "trap" sound currently. Lex came on the scene in 2010. i keep using Lex as the measuring stick because while the sound was done before on a track here and there, it didn't become a norm until he introduced it on a wider scale.

Three 6 Mafia were indeed doing what has become known as "trap" long before then.

I also never said Shawty Redd and D.Rich sounded like Lex, I said there are distinctive elements(and gave examples)that have existed in what we coin as "trap" that appeared in records by them long before Lex.

All that said, Lex deserves credit, because if not for him, trap would not exist in the abundance it does with the sound it has today.

Last edited:
Back