I give you these TEN "NEWBIE" COMMANDMENTS

True indeed, i dont understand how some of these "newbie" wanna be producers ask alot of simple questions when information is all over the place in today's society.In my own opinion its just plain lazy, alot of people that want to produce just want an answer "now" and dont want to take the time and read. I personally feel that in order to call yourself a "producer" you need to know music the equipment you use and the logistics of it all.

Music as a career takes alot of hard work and dedication to achieve results, buying a piece of gear gives a person a level of excitement, but first you MUST read the documentation and then from there learn all you can from what you have read ,then practice to get the experience and good results. There should be absolutley no excuse for this kind of behavior from "newbies" who want to produce, obviously some newbies DO NOT WANT TO PRODUCE MUSIC BAD ENOUGH, i know that for some of us seasoned producers we are sooooooo involved and mentally concentrated about the art of music production that we -

have the upmost desire to do nothing but produce music, we will go to any extent to find our answer, reading , online research, books etc.

Most producers choose artist based on a number of things, deliverence, does the artist have talent? can he/she rap/sing? and so on and so forth, now why would i choose an artist who is not as passionate about their career as i am about produceing tracks ?. it just does not make sense.

in these days and times it seems like the younger generation is getting lazier and more lazier, not all but alot, if you think about it, i mean why would i shell out 2 or $3000 on equipment and then not read the damn documentation?. younger artist/producers should also learn the history of artist legends and performers, a few years ago artist worked hard at their craft, day in and day out, practice and more practice, researching upon end to find answers and be great performers.

Another reason why its a good idea to read and know your equipment is the fact that things go wrong in the studio, know matter how new or old the equipment is, things are going to happen and you do not want to sit there with your client trying to "figure out" why something happen it just happens and you need to be able to fix it, troubleshoot it or know what you are doing. producers are "viewed" as knowledge based individules as well, every time someone walks into my production facility they have questions, upon questions and if you cannot answer simple things like the difference between 24 and 16 bit depth ,then you need not call yourself a producer.

just my two cents..............................................

That was more like 8.5 cents, but I feel you on that.

thanx for the commandments

dude, beautiful advice. i have been at this for several years and have fallen prey to nearly all the downfalls u mentioned. one thing i have developed in this journey is discernment of people, products, places, and promises. feel me.

PeteyLuck said:
dude, beautiful advice. i have been at this for several years and have fallen prey to nearly all the downfalls u mentioned. one thing i have developed in this journey is discernment of people, products, places, and promises. feel me.

PREACH IT !

hey all you producers!!!!!!having fun out there hey???HAHA dont worry, it's not skill... it's his stalker=)you must read his stuff hey, it's REALY REALY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!Anyways... have fun you talented people=) heheMWA!!!!!from chicken STALKER!!!!

i wish i coulda read something like this when i first started making beats 8 years ago...(sigh)

Newbe

LevLove said:
Yea, this is a good post. Now if we can just get the newbs to read it...
LevLove

I'm a newbe, and I read the advice. I also read manuals. If I buy it, I will learn to use it!

One word of wisdom from me, if I may. The only truly stupid question, is the one not asked. Bill

ramblinbill said:
One word of wisdom from me, if I may. The only truly stupid question, is the one not asked. ...

Hardly. There are plenty of questions so stupid they should NEVER be asked.

amen i love it

only been producing for like 2-3 years, still have alot to learn. I love this website!

Last edited:
Back