I can only write beats well when I'm stoned

My neighbor who's in his 60's told me that back in the 50's and 60's, warehouse laborers were encouraged to smoke weed. They were working 12 plus hour shifts and the employers noticed that the workers were most productive after they smoked.

Didn't slavemasters give slaves cocaine to increase productivity?

Didn't slavemasters give slaves cocaine to increase productivity?

lol, I won't go there with you. You obviously dont smoke weed. I was just trying to point out that one can smoke weed and still be quite productive. Save the race card for when you really need it.

Last edited:
Christ, the fact that you think he's trying to play the racial card here means you should stop smoking weed!

If I was on coke.......I would be way more "productive" and way more efficient than on weed. Weed has different affects on different people. So nobody can say "weed does this or that". You can pretty much scope out what type of smoker somebody is though if you've smoke weed with a multitude of people.

I look back man.......shit was kind of gay ass hell, SON! Wet ass blunts....foos slobbin all on a brown stick looking like he sucking some man meat and shit..got his cheeks sucked in working that blunt....foo making blow job noises and shit...got the nerve to want to buy a titan. Foos blowing shot guns with roaches......FOH. Before the blunt you was talking some street shit......after the blunt you sound like

Be like...."what you think about Lil Wanye?" And they be like..

That wife beater was white before the beat......then you smoke a blunt to the head and it turned pink all of a sudden. Better leave that weed alone. You can't smoke like Bob Marley if your mind ain't strong like Bob Marley.

Last edited:
My neighbor who's in his 60's told me that back in the 60's and 70's, warehouse laborers were encouraged to smoke weed. They were working 12 plus hour shifts and the employers and union reps noticed that the workers were most productive after they smoked.

That sounds like bullshit. If you said Coke, Speed, or any type of stimulant yeah, but weed no. I don't know many people are very productive after getting high

My neighbor who's in his 60's told me that back in the 60's and 70's, warehouse laborers were encouraged to smoke weed. They were working 12 plus hour shifts and the employers and union reps noticed that the workers were most productive after they smoked.

What were they moving boxes of nitroglycerine?

Ah, the experts talking about drugs again. :4theloveofgod:

Yes, most Mexican and Latino workers post-slavery were smoking a lot of weed while working in order to focus on the work and not eat as much as they'd do otherwise. Hence why "reefer" wasn't a "Negro-drug-problem", but one about stereotypes when it comes to Mexicans/Latinos.

The South Americans (in the north-western part) had a different habit, that is to stimulate their body by chewing on Coka leafs.

As far as weed in the US goes, most of the stuff you get today is Indica Kush (Kush is short for HinduKUSH, the area between Afghanistan/Pakistan and India, where the Indica strains originally come from). Why? Because in the mid-80s, the flowering time went down from 3-4 months (!!!) to after 7-9 weeks and cultivation is simple. Most of the Indica strains have a (initial) head high and then a strong body-high. Hence why you always see the stereotype of fools getting hungry, eating a bag of potatoe chips and then passing out.

Sativa is a different beast. A.) you won't get a good, pure Sativa, unless you pay MUCH MORE than for the Indicas B.) Sativas have a paradox influence on your body; they are anti-depressant, motivational and make you focus on a tasks. Basically an effect not far away from cocaine or even more something like amphetamine. Sativas will make you clear, focused and motivated, unlike Indicas.

Shit, I know of many clinics in Cali which fly in Sativas from Holland and themselves sell Indicas to Dutch coffee-shops.

All in all, if you have physical problems/chronic pain problems, you will probably be better on the Indica side. If you are a grown up, are psychologically stable and can handle a STRONG stimulant and anti-depressant, then you should look for Sativas.
Let me tell you this though; just because you smoke five blunts of that "real, original OG Kush" an hour, doesn't mean shit.
Do the same with 6-7 months (!!!) flowering Lambs Bread and you will scream for mommy and think you are a cartoon character.

And first and foremost. Stop smoking in QUANTITIES. Buy the BEST stuff money can get and ENJOY it. Use it as a stimulant, not as daily "food".

That sounds like bullshit. If you said Coke, Speed, or any type of stimulant yeah, but weed no. I don't know many people are very productive after getting high

People act like musicians are in the only industry that can be productive on drugs. The reason why I believe it is because I have relatives who are older and who were raised during tough times that we cant even fathom. Their work ethic is on another planet. I have uncles who have worked in the hot azz country sun all day long. Some would drink early in the morning and work till the evening time. They drunk and smoked to cope with those almost unbearable living conditions. The fact that they worked 12 and 16 hours days did not afford them the luxury of waiting till they got off work. This comes straight from the lineage of slavery and the work ethic that has been instilled for generations. You're thinking from a 21st century, 40 hr a week mindset. Also weed back then wasnt as advanced and did not have the THC content is has today. Remember my ancestors were bought over here to do work that others couldnt do in the first place so of course we're talking about different work ethics.

Last edited:
Ah, the experts talking about drugs again. :4theloveofgod:

Yes, most Mexican and Latino workers post-slavery were smoking a lot of weed while working in order to focus on the work and not eat as much as they'd do otherwise. Hence why "reefer" wasn't a "Negro-drug-problem", but one about stereotypes when it comes to Mexicans/Latinos.

The South Americans (in the north-western part) had a different habit, that is to stimulate their body by chewing on Coka leafs.

As far as weed in the US goes, most of the stuff you get today is Indica Kush (Kush is short for HinduKUSH, the area between Afghanistan/Pakistan and India, where the Indica strains originally come from). Why? Because in the mid-80s, the flowering time went down from 3-4 months (!!!) to after 7-9 weeks and cultivation is simple. Most of the Indica strains have a (initial) head high and then a strong body-high. Hence why you always see the stereotype of fools getting hungry, eating a bag of potatoe chips and then passing out.

Sativa is a different beast. A.) you won't get a good, pure Sativa, unless you pay MUCH MORE than for the Indicas B.) Sativas have a paradox influence on your body; they are anti-depressant, motivational and make you focus on a tasks. Basically an effect not far away from cocaine or even more something like amphetamine. Sativas will make you clear, focused and motivated, unlike Indicas.

Shit, I know of many clinics in Cali which fly in Sativas from Holland and themselves sell Indicas to Dutch coffee-shops.

All in all, if you have physical problems/chronic pain problems, you will probably be better on the Indica side. If you are a grown up, are psychologically stable and can handle a STRONG stimulant and anti-depressant, then you should look for Sativas.
Let me tell you this though; just because you smoke five blunts of that "real, original OG Kush" an hour, doesn't mean shit.
Do the same with 6-7 months (!!!) flowering Lambs Bread and you will scream for mommy and think you are a cartoon character.

And first and foremost. Stop smoking in QUANTITIES. Buy the BEST stuff money can get and ENJOY it. Use it as a stimulant, not as daily "food".

You are quite right, it's not at all reasonable to apply generalized modern assumptions to the past if it was so significantly different.

It may inhance your creativity, so if it helps do what you have to do. For me it could be drinking or smoking, but not too much because then you come up with garbage. Just my thought on the subject.

People act like musicians are in the only industry that can be productive on drugs. The reason why I believe it is because I have relatives who are older and who were raised during tough times that we cant even fathom. Their work ethic is on another planet. I have uncles who have worked in the hot azz country sun all day long. Some would drink early in the morning and work till the evening time. They drunk and smoked to cope with those almost unbearable living conditions. The fact that they worked 12 and 16 hours days did not afford them the luxury of waiting till they got off work. This comes straight from the lineage of slavery and the work ethic that has been instilled for generations. You're thinking from a 21st century, 40 hr a week mindset. Also weed back then wasnt as advanced and did not have the THC content is has today. Remember my ancestors were bought over here to do work that others couldnt do in the first place so of course we're talking about different work ethics.

You do realize that you merely established the idea that weed is good for coping and not for work right? What you pretty much said was that the hard work ethic comes from a people's past and not from what they smoke.

When I get high, I black out and wake up next to the refrigerator an hour later. Maybe I should move my equipment into the kitchen and hope for the best. :hmmm:

Weed used to have this magical mysterious effect on cockroaches when I would smoke. Those cockroaches seemed to always jump inside of my ESQ1 and make it go crazy. They would get inside of my effect box and turn my reverb and delay up.......so when I got headphones on a loud "POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" sound of white noise scares the shit out me. But when I'm sober.....the cockroaches don't mess with my equipment. It woks fine.

And I always ended up spending 30 minutes wondering why I wasn't getting any sound........it would be those cockroaches man!!!! I always catch them in the act too. Right when some crazy shit happen.....they come running out of my equipment. I mean.....my recorder is on, everything is plugged up correct....why am I not getting sound? Keyboard master is turned up................OOOOHHHHH I feel stupid.......some how my track volume was turned down...let me turn it up......"POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! I'm done.......go watch T.V.

Last edited:
Maybe you need that. Jus sayin......

When I used to smoke and be by myself.....I would make a drum pattern.........just a snare and a kick.....and listen to it.......then I get bored....start listening to my old stuff....then I get horny......then I call a freak. I would probably be different today though since making beats is about like playing a video game. But back when I was smoking weed heavy....it was all hardware.....no dots to connect.....a keyboard, a drum machine, and a tape recorder. Same drum sounds....same keyboard sounds. I felt like I was wasting my high....need to do something entertaining...like watch a movie or something. I was far from a keyboardist.....finger pecking notes.....if I was smoking weed and could actually play...it might've been the sweetest joy next to getting pussy. But it does effect people differently.

why do you always have the longest replies ever. You should hook up with some producers in your are or people interested in music.

Back