I am way better at the beats than DJ Mustard...But he is rich and i am BROKE...WHY!?!

johnny.hologram

I can not figure out this conundrum. I am way better than DJ Mustard. My beats are more complex and overall better. Why can't I get on? I would be a top producer and people would love my music. Hell, I am one of the best producers on Future Producers. Why isn't my work not being heard. I've tried twitter, facebook, the forums. People just feel offended. Hit me up if you want to make some REAL music.:hmmm:

Can you post up some songs (not beats but SONGS) you've produced? If you want to be a "top producer" you have to show you can make great SONGS

Last edited:
I can not figure out this conundrum. I am way better than DJ Mustard. My beats are more complex and overall better. Why can't I get on? I would be a top producer and people would love my music. Hell, I am one of the best producers on Future Producers. Why isn't my work not being heard. I've tried twitter, facebook, the forums. People just feel offended. Hit me up if you want to make some REAL music.:hmmm:

Last edited:
I don't put any effort into trying to stand out. I just do what everyone else does cuz I don't know no better. Why isn't it working for me? Why do people get offended when I spam them with beats that sound like all the other amateur producers on the internet tryna get on? I don't understand.
Decoded.

Last edited:

You have to build a relationship with the rappers like you do making a friend at school. Some people think they can just upload songs on the net and they'll get discovered. Use the net to get at the rappers. You cant be overbearing or on some generic "Check out my beat" shyt either. Put some personality into it so that you differentiate yourself from every other stranger online. Also who says it has to be strictly online. Many people have become so dependent on the internet, that they stop trying to meet people in person. Mix it up. Everbody makes beats these days. Talent alone isn't enough. It's your personality and work ethic that's gonna make the diffference. Find a rapper that you respect as an artist that hasn't blown up yet and establish a relationship with him. This is how you start your own movement.

Last edited:
It really doesn't matter who's better, if you can give the simplest beat, just a piano with a kick and a snare to Drake, or someone really huge, You'll be rich too...so surround youself with people who mean bussines and are close to huge artists, instead of worrying about how he got to this point...

no disrespect but your beats was wack

its like if dj mustard posted his first beat ever you would be in same league as him then

Damn dawg, can you stick to one screen name?!
Sh!t is getting mad tiring, Lucy. Even as obvious as it is.
You need to get over this complex that you so severely suffer from.
I aint even mad atchu tbh, just genuinely worried about your future in this world; you need help.
real talk- you are not as good as you think you are. Humble yourself, young blood.
you work hard, I acknowledge you for that, but knock all that other extraneous shit off...

I don't think you're taking creativity into account. Being good isn't enough. Unless you're like, ****ing ELITE. There are tons of great producers out there but a lot of people are making shit that all sounds the same. How can you expect to stand out like that?

Damn dawg, can you stick to one screen name?!
Sh!t is getting mad tiring, Lucy. Even as obvious as it is.
You need to get over this complex that you so severely suffer from.
I aint even mad atchu tbh, just genuinely worried about your future in this world; you need help.
real talk- you are not as good as you think you are. Humble yourself, young blood.
you work hard, I acknowledge you for that, but knock all that other extraneous shit off...

I think some of these online aspiring producers are introverts who are a little out of touch with reality. That's another reason why I stress building relationships with rappers; for that reality check.

Last edited:
This is really a pointless thread. I don't really understand what you get out of worrying about what DJ Mustard is doing or why he is "on" and you are not. Who is better than who is relative to whoever you are speaking with. There very well may be people who think you are better than Mustard but that is beyond the point. There is an entire aspect of actual business that you are forgetting. Do you network? Do you know how to establish your brand? Do you have a unique style of your own? Are you knowledgeable about how to run a business because as an indie producer looking for someone to pay you for your services you are in fact a business. I don't know if you expecting to get some magic information from some of the other producers or if this was meant as a joke. But if you are serious about your career as a "beatmaker" you should focus more on your business and less on worrying about the other man's hustle

Don't make music to get money... That's where bad genres/tracks come from. Take a look at Steve Aoki for example. He is a big ****ing **** who makes wack songs but gets a lot of money. Second example could be Lex Luger. Wack beats but he has some neat contacts... I prefer not to get money if someone would say that I should do make big room and get paid from that... Money takes soul from your music imo

People aren't offended by the idea of making great music or someone having made great music, they are offended by some a-hole with no name attacking another a-hole with a name, the contacts and the stacks to back up what they do.

Here's a thought, maybe you aren't as good as you think you are. Maybe you aren't good at making connections. Maybe people won't do business with you because of your douchebag attitude and talking ish about established artists.

The music biz is a lot smaller world than you may think and talk like this gets around in a hurry, so keep it up junior and your career is destined to be in the toilet before it starts, humble your stupid a$$ a bit and you may just start making some headway.

Back