HUGE Cpu overload on startup!

Wallengard

Manipulator of energy
I'm using Ableton 9, and have been doing so for quite some time. My problem now is that occasionally when I go back to an old project, and I try to push play, my CPU (according to Live) peaks at about 21500~ %... that is rather ridiculous. And while this is going on the master channel is pumping up to about 0dB in 5 second intervalls, and after a little while of that I start hearing some really terrible sounds in the form of a continuous noise..

Upon exiting Live I get a huge amount of "Auxhost Errors" coming from what I assume is JBridge..

Any ideas what this is all about?
Help would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:
have you changed your computer/OS combinations since creating those project; i.e. have you upgraded your computer and also been forced to upgrade your OS?

are you trying to bridge a 32 bit system to a 64 bit system or vice versa

what are your buffer settings in ableton?

I have not done any changes, that project wasn't even that old. Just a few days..

I am trying to bridge from 32 to my 64, and my buffer size should be 512.
I'm using Asio 4 all drivers.

a few more questions

laptop vs desktop?

cpu?
mobo?
system ram?

obviously using an mobo based soundcard if using asio4all - any plans on getting an external/pci soundcard?

I'm on an Acer laptop, Intel i5m cpu,I don't have the exact specs but it's a 2.6ghz dual.

Not sure what you mean with mobo, perhaps motherboard? If so I need to look that up later as well.

It's running on 4gb of memory.

I do, I've been planning it for some time now.. I suppose now more than ever since I didn't always have this issue. Also after a few times of reloading the project it works.. nothing
unusual going on in my other projects, it seems to be confided to just a few.

Last edited:
Back