How to write bars for singers?

W

WickedMaster

My question is basically is how to write lyrics for singers. I know what a bar is and how to write the normal rap bar. But when it comes to a song the length of the words or phrases are shorter then the rapping ones.

Can anybody lead to a good direction how to write songs for singers?

i checked other post but they wasn't much help.

thank you.

what do you mean?

What I'm referring too is that when it comes to rapping they are more syllables in a bar (on every bar) than those on a singing bar. I'm just trying to find a faster way to come up with lyrics to put on a song for a singer.

check out Youtube and then practice then once you feel you are a certain point go to a songwriting bootcamp and check out songwriter conventions in your area
there are sites all around with tips on how to right to melodies
and
how to make melodies to lyrics

Last edited:
seriously the best thing you can do right now is to think about how you would deliver the line if you were singing

- you do not need to be a great singer to do this just need to understand that the words and syllables form differently when singing as opposed to rapping

A good rule of thumb (aka heuristic) is 1 sung syllable per every 4 in a rap bar

seriously the best thing you can do right now is to think about how you would deliver the line if you were singing

- you do not need to be a great singer to do this just need to understand that the words and syllables form differently when singing as opposed to rapping

A good rule of thumb (aka heuristic) is 1 sung syllable per every 4 in a rap bar

Thats exactly what I'm looking for that's excellent info, but if I understand it that's a different story.

Do you mind giving some examples?

Back