How to record "What You Hear" on M-Audio Fast Track pro

mylesp510

i make beat making videos and in order to get the best audio quality i need to record whats coming out of the speakers. its like recording wav in or somthing like that. so my question is how do i "record what you hear" with the Fast Track Pro?

You question sounds kinda confusing....are you trying to record the audio from a video that you are watching?

I'm lost...

You question sounds kinda confusing....are you trying to record the audio from a video that you are watching?

I'm lost...
nevermind the video thing. basically i want to record whats coming out of my speakers. for example if i play a song on myspace it will record in my daw. any audio that plays through my sound card should record into my daw. the m-audio company made there soundcards so that they cant record whats coming out of the speaker. its so the m-audio sound card doesnt interfere with the stock sound card. i know its possible to record whats going to through my sound card, but idk how.

this is very easy to do if you have two different set-ups as you can just run the outputs of one computer and/or sound card to the other one. I have heard about a program that'll let you record like you want...can't remember what it's called though

what you seek has nothing to do with the soundcard and more so to do with a specific function you seek. which can be done with neumerous programs.

audacity is a freeware one that comes to mind. that is capable of this.

i know exactly what you tryna do.........you wana know how too rip/record songs off youtube and ish for sampling and what not huh?

this capability has been no secret for a long time. (still is it a little on the arggg matti side?)

there are a ton of freewarez dat do this.

youtube and google em.

Last edited:
At first sight of this topic, I am confusing too. Now I understand that you want to capture MySpace music straightly while it is going through your computer's speakers. I think you can look for something like Audacity to do it well.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

If you have find some good ways, please share it for me. Thanks.

No what he is trying to do is play and record the sound he's creating. Basically record the beat as he's making it in pieces. When you see the videos and as people pound keys and it sounds good as they press it, not like an external recording of the sound coming out of their speakers, but how it would really sound.

Back