How to Make pro psytrance bass line

HI VexaDJ and Supreme-Abstract nice to to here from you :)

Hey Supreme-Abstract i like your new tune, the intro is good and i like your bassline its pumping, i also like the way you have used your delay. I find your hi hats to be hypnotic. really cool, Please could you teach me how you did your Hi Hats? well i hope to here the finished track keep me updated with your progress.

I included my latest work its a demo of sounds i have been working on let me know what you think.

Kind regards keep well
PsyViz

Last edited:
hey guys here is like a short clip .. i think im getting the hang of it tho.. this is the first attempt after about hahah like alot cant even remember how much that actually sounded right to me.. im still working on alot of things.. thanx for all the great tips and advice it really means alot.. feel free to give more tips and more advice where u feel its neccesary etc :) peace out guys keep up the psytrance :)

Hey mongler i like you your beat it sounds really good, i also like the way you have put some bass on your first 1/4 bar it gives a nice push. What did you settle on using for your bass?

Any way have fun and keep it up :)

settle on using for my bass ? i dont understand lol .. got a much better song going now here is a little sample :) i love psytrance BTW :)
I use Alien 303 for my bassline.. somewhat similar to that of cosmosis in that tutorial vid.. i just did my own variations here and there.. then for the other sounds i used vanguard.. its an awesome vst seriously .. and yeah im still not very happy with what i can do but atleast im heading in the right direction right ? lol :D

settle on using for my bass ? i dont understand lol .. got a much better song going now here is a little sample :) i love psytrance BTW :)
I use Alien 303 for my bassline.. somewhat similar to that of cosmosis in that tutorial vid.. i just did my own variations here and there.. then for the other sounds i used vanguard.. its an awesome vst seriously .. and yeah im still not very happy with what i can do but atleast im heading in the right direction right ? lol :D

Hey man, I can't listen to your tune as I can only get online at work.

Vanguard is awesome. I highly recomend Albino and z3ta too, there are some amazing Cosmosis albino patches. Albino is supurb and fairly easy to use, it's a nice mid level synth with many posibilities which once understood can open up understanding of things like z3ta, and other advanced synths (a lot of the Native Instruments stuff which is very VERY useful).

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295312

I post some links for some amazing free synths and advice from other people in this thread, all of which would greatly help improve your production.

You will rarly be happy with what you have made, especially in early stages. It's best to keep finding faults and challenging yourself and improving your music, it's the best way to advance. Once you start to feel happy at this level you can become complacent and it will show in the music and you will stay in the same spot.

The most important thing is to finish the tune, even if it is ****, you will learn a lot more from your own faults and trial and error and repitition that way... No one can pick up a guitar for the first time and play like Steve Vai, and making electronic music is no different. Repition is the key, constantly improving on your last efforts, being able to identify what you are doing wrong. There are some very good threads on the psyforum

"The Encouragement Thread"
"The Feedback Thread"
"The Rip My Tracks To Peices and Make Me Cry Thread"

All of which are great for getting honest feedback, encouragement, critisism and advice from experienced psy producers who really do know what they are talking about.

Some good general adivse here. I have been producing Glitch and Techno for a couple of years now and have recently decided to start getting stuck into some Dark Psy production. Having my first Psy studio session with a friend tomorrow. If we pull anything together I might post it.

Also, Alien 303 is PC only, anyone know of a good synth for Psy bass on Mac that is around the same price. I intend to get Either Preditor or Absynth once I've saved a bit, but any suggestions for something to play with now would be welcome.

Psy Bass

I use Sylenth (usually).

Start with 1x Saw wave, Split into 3x EQ's - Easy in Ableton using a rack within the channel.
Distort the middle EQ a bit, and the top EQ use bit reduction and an auto filter OR phaser to add movement.
Sounds tricky, but its easy, and gives you freedom to create exactly the sound you want...

Check out my tunes to hear the finished basses. Above used for 'Soviet Submarine' and 'Our World.'

Search for Roboteknic on Soundcloud for Demos if you like, can't post links yet, stupid forum! ;)

HI VexaDJ i have been working on a few bass lines and thought i would share them with you and find out what you think?? :cool:

I also have another question... I would like to know how to make some swirling psy sounds those really mystical high pitched sounds that captivate the listener. what vst synths do you recommend for psytrance sounds and sound effects??
All help is greatly appreciate

Try PoiZone, very easy and effective VST

Creating a Bassline like Ace Ventura/Zen Mechanics

Hi Guys

I need some help, was searching everywhere, but found you guys

I am struggeling to get that nice PHAT bassline like Ace ventura/Zen Mechanics and side Effects

Ive attached my bassline and also Side effects 's bassline

I am using Sylenth1 - BS MOOGBASS,

The sound feels a bit flat, not that rolling punch

Please could you give me some tips on how to start

Thank

pSYoN

(-_-)

Attachments

• bassline 001.mp3
    110.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Side Effects Bassline.mp3
    309.9 KB · Views: 98
I know this thread is old however for those that are stumbling across this now, I just wanted to add some conclusions I have come to regarding driving Psytrance Kick and Basslines which may give some people some confidence to move forward with being creative...

For starters, I attended a Psy Trance Master class recently with some "big guns" in the Psy production scene and after I asked the question, they all agree that there is no "magic trick" or "secret" to producing that huge driving kick n bass sound we are all searching desperately for... It all comes down to tuning your kick drum to your bass and making them sit right in the mix.

So here is what I have concluded.

This is a bit tricky to explain so bear with me here.... What I believe is happening is that we hear these guys like Astrix, Ace, Sonic Species, blah blah blah playing at music festivals through HUGE sound systems which are driving low end frequencies that we cannot possibly hear in our little studios. With this sound as our reference point, we feel like the tune we are working on in our home studio is "weak" or "lacking omph" where in fact if you were to take your tune and play it through a larger sound system with decent sub woofers, your kick and bass would actually sound half decent and roughly what you are trying to achieve.

Obviously you have to have EQ'd, tuned and mixed your kick and bass right but you get the picture... Hmm food for thought :)

Can anyone else more experienced contribute to this thought?

Last edited:
Back