How to get the sound of kanye west's "stronger"?

K

Kdaddy

How would i go about creating synths similar to those used in this song? I just bought a microkorg, and i was hoping i could make some similar sounding synths using that or some other vst if necessary, but I have no idea how to make synths that sound like those. Im not tryin to copy it, just make synths with a similar sound. Mainly the leads synths. Any ideas or information on how he made those would be appreciated.

Listening to Stronger now. What synths are you talking about? I hear a beat, the daft punk vocals (with the talk box and the vocoder effects) and I hear the rap. Then I hear a bass and a bass pad.

Listening to Stronger now. What synths are you talking about? I hear a beat, the daft punk vocals (with the talk box and the vocoder effects) and I hear the rap. Then I hear a bass and a bass pad.
It starts at 0:22, i thought it was a synth but some other people have been telling me its a pad? It also starts at 0:50 again going in and out.

Interesting track and somewhat deceptive in this chordal movement (D[sup]#[/sup]m-C[sup]#[/sup]-G[sup]#[/sup][sub]/B[sup]#[/sup][/sub]-B)

chordtones
D[sup]#[/sup]mD[sup]#[/sup]-F[sup]#[/sup]-A[sup]#[/sup]
C[sup]#[/sup]C[sup]#[/sup]-E[sup]#[/sup]-G[sup]#[/sup]
G[sup]#[/sup][sub]/B[sup]#[/sup][/sub]G[sup]#[/sup]-B[sup]#[/sup]-D[sup]#[/sup] with B[sup]#[/sup] in the bass
BB-D[sup]#[/sup]-F[sup]#[/sup]

B[sup]#[/sup]=C

Now to the synths: the synth that comes in at 50" (could not hear it 22" btw) is a simple saw wave with moderate attack, short decay, low sustain, and quick release (1-6-4-1 would be my guess) and similar on a filter set to a low cutoff (about 4) and nearly no resonance (1) - keyboard tracking perhaps set to full. the low sustain may not be true as the synth level could be a mix decision.

Last edited:
Back