***How To Get A Placement***

One thing I've learned...any producer who shops his beats relentlessly in several different recording environments will eventually score. It's like fishing...you gotta catch something someday. Keep in mind competition is fierce nowadays so building positive relationships in the game is A MUST!!! Stay on ya grind fellow musicians!

"IF HIP-HOP IS DEAD, WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING TO SOUND THE SAME?"

FYI, Jackpot(Kameodidit) ran with The Internz. Not sure how many newer members remember him, but last I heard Tamar Braxton's husband Vince Herbert had them signed under his management. I don't keep up like I should, so I don't know all the big records they've been behind, but they just did "Cockiness" for Rihanna on her Talk That Talk album among tons of other big records.

Last edited:
he told me .... you can't always holla at cats about business... sometimes you just need to holla at them to chill or talk on a personal level. That's how you build a bond or connection.
This is one of the most important things people in the music industry should know. After a while, people feel like they're being used.

Great post..

Here's my scenario:

I just stepped into an A&R Assistant position at one of the majors here in LA. I want nothing more than to show my boss I have a good ear, probably from my experience as a struggling producer. Anyways, to show him this, and to also move up the ladder to eventually become an A&R Manager, it starts with finding hot records and getting them placed. So I search for every low-level producer and songwriter I can find and reach out to them. "Yo, I'm a fan, let's link. Send me records. Let's work." Within a month, I find this songwriter who I'm really excited about that no one knows about yet (no one I follow on twitter follows him. that's been my measuring tool, lol). I reach out and tell him we should get up on some records. I send him beats from various producers I've met and also tracks that my boss has gotten from A-listers such as Hit-Boy, Diplo, Benny Blanco, etc. I tell him there's no guarantee, but if you write something hot, I'd be excited to pitch it. I send him our Who's Looking list and he gets to work. He sends me about 40 songs and there's one I love for one of our artists. I show it to my boss. He loves it. Pitches it to the appropriate A&R (not his artist), they love it. The artist cuts it. The album is supposed to come out 3rd quarter 2013. Now my boss and the rest of the label want to give this songwriter a shot on every track they get. And I'm the one who made that happen.

Obviously the same story can apply to producers. Just giving my example. I know plenty of A&R assistants who are HUNGRY to become A&R Managers, scouring the web for young hot producers and writers. If you're good and we can find each other, there's no telling what can happen.

good tread

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

great and realistic example

Back