How many Reason users do we have on here?

Reason user here. Almost upset that I was using other software before I started using Reason.

This is my story.

I used to make beats using the sampler on my mixer when I was 17. I had 4 sample banks and about 30 seconds of recording time to split between each (this was a DJ mixer". So I had to be extremely creative and I was and I also used my truntables and juggled between two records and recorded beats to rhyme over with my crew. It was cool but I couldn't even afford a 4 track recorder, drum machine, better sampler, mic, etc.

So I put the music thing down for a couple of years.

Fastforward 8 years, after becoming somewhat disconnected with making music, I happen across Hammerhead and explore the tip of the iceberg as far as computer based music is concerned. Then one day, I get a whiff of Reason 2.0 from my friend. Granted when I saw it, it looked complicated as hell, but since straying from music and getting into programming, reading the help file was nothing to me.

Little by little, Reason has sort of become my right arm. I have FL and I tried getting into it, but I like Reason's interface and routing cables and learning new tricks as far as routing is concerned. I like all the automatable knobs and the sequencer.

Since getting back into music by way of Reason, I have purchased a Midi controller, Audio Interface, and Monitor speakers, And I joined Future producers to share and learn.

Am I hooked?

Reason is the Blame.

Me too, me too ;) I use it since version 1.01, and I rewire it to Acid. Now I'm on 2.5.

Last edited:
alex23 said:
Reason + Nuendo.

2 x 19" monitors of pure software sex :)

Co-sign..Neundo Plus anything...Matter of fact..Nuendo with a few VSTI' will blow almost any other App Out of the water..And the sound quality makes mastering a joy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back