How many beats do you make in a day on average???

Newbie101

1.) I wanted to get an idea of how many beats on average you make a day, or per week if that is easier to figure out?

2.) Out of those beats that you make during the day or week, how many of those do you consider the beat to be complete or feel like you have done enough?

3.) How long do you work on a beat?

4.) Also on average how many beat do you work on at one time?

when I have time to work on beats I typically work until Im tired then go at it again later in the day for another round. 3 - 7 beats in various stages. I'm doing probably 7 beats a week and am very much an amateur - so there is a lot of stuff for me to work with and try and figure out.

I work on one beat at a time.

I usually finish 1 beat a week. Sometimes 2.

I don't stop working on the beat until it is complete.

I don't get ideas like that but when I do its sinister. I produce Dancehall Reggae.
Ex: http://soundcloud.com/originalbadman/menaceinst

I make like 2-3 beats a month. I prolly take the most time coming up with the main melody which all depends on if i get something I like, after that it takes me about an hour to complete the creation/mixing stage. I work on about 3-4 beats at a time. I'd have the projects with ideas scribbled in and try to go somewhere with it.

With dancehall reggae we create whats called riddims(rhythms) and we have 3-14+ artists making separate tracks on the same instrumental. Some would have different mixes, different instruments, but the majority is the same.

This a good question...although its been asked alot on here...

but it depends on if my creativity is flowing or not...sometimes in a day the most ive beats I done, was about 5 and out of those, 1 will prolly make it "the best out the group sorta say"...

Usually sundays are my days I will make beats since I work during the week and play semi pro...So every sunday ill put out at least 3 or I will try to..

The longest I work on a beat has been bout 3 hours, that includes mixing and arranging and all that stuff... I go back over my beats constantly just so I can learn from them, change them up and make them better...

5-6 a month i can spend weeks on just one beat depends on finding the sound i want feeling like its complete is the main thing i dont care how much time it takes just as long as it souinds gud

Usually 1 beat a day, but sometimes up to 5. Spend anywhere for 2 hours to 8 hours + on a beat and I work on 1 beat at a time.

it depends I can output 4 or 5 beats a day if I want to but I usually don't have the time to. I work as much or as little as I can

1.) I wanted to get an idea of how many beats on average you make a day, or per week if that is easier to figure out?

Since school has started im averaging about 4-5 beats a week, unless its for a certain person then that number goes up to 8-10

2.) Out of those beats that you make during the day or week, how many of those do you consider the beat to be complete or feel like you have done enough?

When i finish a beat, its finished unless the person who its for wants something changed.

3.) How long do you work on a beat?

this varies a lot, sometimes i find a certain sound build around it and can have a finished beat in 30mins. Then i can spend hours looking for sounds to go together. This really varies depending on the mood im in.

4.) Also on average how many beat do you work on at one time?

For me i work on one at time, if i cant do anything with that one then i move on to another one, if i cant do anything with that one then i may try and start a new one from scratch or just take a break and try again later.

I only make music when i have the inspiration. That can take 30 minutes to whole day, it depends on the difficulty of the beat. When the beat takes more than one day, it is possible that i work on a other beat when i get the inspiration.

I dont just focus on beats but if i did im sure i could output alot more then i already do.

I make SONGS not just beats.....So on a good day i can prolly make one full song (meaning make the beat mix it, write a song, record it, mix it all down) Followed by lots of writing or maybe messing with another beat or 2.

This is when im in my studio and not having to put my energy towards other avenues.

my beat making process started out completly unorganized and over the past few years i've developed the way i work best.

I'm in a production team so at some point me and my production partner are collaborating....sometimes at the beginning of the beat or the middle and we finish beats together most of the time

that being said my daily work flow is if i'm starting a beat thats what i focus on for that session it may be an hour up to 6 or so

but when i'm not starting a beat i tend to work on multiple beats in a session normally an hour or two at a time it keeps my mind sharp so that i don't get stuck or lose inspiration....so overall i probably make 4-5 complete beats a week, i'm def trying to get that number up tho and start getting close to one a day

Depends on how the month goes. Haha.

I'm working in the audio broadcast industry so I get busy with broadcast work here and there but i should have more free time to make beats.

I usually do up songs so that would be maybe 2 - 3 songs a week but they go unfinished as i like to let them cook and work out ideas and stuff. I just finished a song in 3 days including a rough mix and demo vocals.

I usually do up a few beats and leave it for a while just to think through and generate ideas so i have alot of unfinished stuff lying around in my computer.

it differs i can make 10 beats a day or 10 in 2 months . if i am making 10 a day their usually not mixed and i need to go back to them and finish them up

Personaly to me i think its all on ur emotion. some days i come and knock 5,6. Then i might come back a hit 2 or even just get started on 1. I dont think there can be a a high set that you can do constantly and keep the same quality

....but then again i wont say its impossible

Back