How many beats do you make in a day on average???

If I sit down at my computer and I get in my zone, I can probably crank out 1 or 2. Then a few more days to finish those. Sometimes I have files that I work on constantly. My biggest downfall is that sometimes I get too attached to my music, but I still do more than fine.

Other times I'll put down more. I like to save ideas that I'm not feelin at the moment to projects. Then open em up later..

Last edited:
The most time ive spent on a beat is approx. 2 hours. the least amount of time would be around 50 minutes. I usually make one beat a day because its like i used up all the creativity for the day. but im about to start putting out more a day. Im urging to do it. sometimes i will spend forever on a beat and then trash it bkuz i dont like it and ive spent 30 mins. on a beat that is gone be my single one day

I generally start my session with a vocal/keyboard warm-up which pretty much consists of me jamming on the keyboard and harmonizing alongside. If this doesn't lead me to creating a new track, i'll eventually get tired of jamming, at which point I go into my 4-5 tracks that i'm working on that week and tweak.

It generally takes me about 2 weeks to get to the point where I feel comfortable enough to record vocals, which is generally my last step.

I take anywhere from 60 - 100 hours per song.
Per day? ...that was a long time ago. I take my time now and dial everything in, unless there's a pressing deadline.

Last edited:
Trying to make 1 beat a week...
Hard to keep it in steady pace, cause only have time to beat making after work...

I usually finish my tracks in one sitting. Very rarely will I revisit stuff because I'm still learning and I'm not precious about the work.

I just make as much as I can because I find myself learning new things with every new beat.

depends how quickly I come up with the melody bass and chords. I normally do one a month but don't have time to work on it everyday. looks like im slow compared to some of you haha.:4theloveofgod:

if you want to make progress, i can recommend spending at least 20 mins a day in your daw. i tend to work on 1 to 2 ideas a day (depending on how busy i am). if you take the time to "force" yourself to do that, you will soon notice that comming up with ideas is not a problem anymore.

Sometimes nothing for a long time and then sometimes 5 or 6 a day. Very sporadic. Definitely more that one a month. I like to bounce from one idea to another and back again. I find that you can go ear blind to some of your own sounds if you spend too much time on one song without hearing something else.

PFFN

I have kids. The youngest is 9 months so it's very dependant on the amount of time I can get in the lab...

This time last year I was knocking between 3 and 5 beats per week over 3 evenings and a Sunday session.
Of those... Maybe 5 a month would be classed as finished.

In the last 9 months I've finished 4 beats and have around a dozen waiting for mixdown.

I am working on some stuff right now but it's much less sample based than anything I've done in a long time. Actual recording of proper songs!

I'm using my old Tascam 4-Track, an SM58, my acoustic guitar and the Novation Circuit I got for Christmas. No MIDI on the 4-track so tracking Circuit into it is a lot of trial and error.
It's lower than lo-fi!
It all packs away (except the guitar) under the TV and comes out once wifey and the boys have gone to bed.

Last edited:
I used to make a lot of beats in a day years back but as soon as I started learning more and more, lucky to do unfinishes bumpititious in a week.
2014-to now got into very basic music theory interesting.
2012-to now been a synth nut/sample mangle nut.
2012- to now was experimenting with daws and replaced fl with studio one in 2014.

Then been experimenting since 2014 on my favorite method, midi devices like drumpads and midi keyboards.
Making stuff with a mouse feels different compared to back then that's for sure once you touch pads, once you input midi with pads the mouse just does not feel like it used to.

Never had much of an organized workflow either, and procrastination[gaming and scale strengthening]

Been a simple beatmaker since 2010 also.

Last edited:
Back