How do you feel about producers rapping?

hi-ku

In my opinion, producers rapping dont bring alot of new stuff to the table. Captain Murphy (Flying Lotus), Quasimoto (Madlib), and MetalFingers Doom (MF DOOM) are the only ones i could think of that are completely original with unique stylesin both MCing and producing. Lemme know some of your favorite producer/rappers and how you feel about em

As a producer its genius.Think about it instead of 50/50 its 100 you.Big Krit comes to mind.I hear logic makes some of his own stuff also.To answer your question though I have to go with old Kanye. Honestly I believe rap is in such a sorry state that any one with the right look can be a rapper.beats make the rapper I believe this 100% and no one will tell me other wise.A hot beat with a trash rapper is a hit.On the other hand a great rapper with a terrible beat goes no were.There is one exception though.If you have a big following such as Lil Wayne or jay z idc what beat he is on or what he says its a hit in this day and age.

Blu and J.Cole come to mind as some that it works for. J-Live too but I don't know much of him beyond one album. Dilla was a pretty dope MC too. Some people just have the talent to do both.. I remember an old interview when Kanye was gloating about how being a dope beatmaker just let him have first dibs on the freshest ish he had.

I can't really think of any producers that rap that I felt were wack but surely there are some, just like their are wack mc's who don't touch pads. If it sounds good, I'm with it.

Blu and J.Cole come to mind as some that it works for. J-Live too but I don't know much of him beyond one album. Dilla was a pretty dope MC too. Some people just have the talent to do both.. I remember an old interview when Kanye was gloating about how being a dope beatmaker just let him have first dibs on the freshest ish he had.

I can't really think of any producers that rap that I felt were wack but surely there are some, just like their are wack mc's who don't touch pads. If it sounds good, I'm with it.

swizz beats on 100 is awful

I wish they were overall better.. cause they create beats and create a vision with their sounds. I wish they had a better vision with their words cause alot of them suck at rapping.. Timbaland is a dope producer.. His songs he creates, the beat usually carries it.. Bangladesh has tried rapping and has failed to me...

Roc Marciano = Fire. Evidence = Fire. Necro = Fire. Ka = Fire. Lord Finesse = Fire. Big KRIT = Fire. J. Cole = Fire.

Brotha Lynch Hung was nice back then. Warren G & DJ Quik also.

Some Producers shouldnt grab the mic: Alchemist, J-Love, Pete Rock.

Last edited:
I don't care how you slice it, Kanye is a veritable genius. He was a prodigy as a kid who grew up to be a genius. Sure he has a big mouth and he brags too much for my taste, but he's like Muhammad Ali: he can back it up! Same goes for Kid Rock when he was rapping. He did his own beats, and he too can back it up. And before you start bitching, arguing, etc, all I got to say to you is,"Lets see you do it mother****er!" When you make a hit record and go platinum then you have the right to speak, but until then, sit your ***** ass down and shut the **** up! LOL!

I don't care how you slice it, Kanye is a veritable genius. He was a prodigy as a kid who grew up to be a genius. Sure he has a big mouth and he brags too much for my taste, but he's like Muhammad Ali: he can back it up! Same goes for Kid Rock when he was rapping. He did his own beats, and he too can back it up. And before you start bitching, arguing, etc, all I got to say to you is,"Lets see you do it mother****er!" When you make a hit record and go platinum then you have the right to speak, but until then, sit your ***** ass down and shut the **** up! LOL!

???
you sound mad
this should be no big deal
any real rap fan knows there are alot of dope emcees/producers

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

No my friend. You mistook a dry sense of humour for anger. Didn't you see the "LOL" at the end of the statement? I always laugh because usually when someone says they like someone people start in on them.

No my friend. You mistook a dry sense of humour for anger. Didn't you see the "LOL" at the end of the statement? I always laugh because usually when someone says they like someone people start in on them.

okay ..no I didn't see the "lol"

-Coach Antonio
My ebay Store

I never talk bad about any one whether I like their music or not. And really no one else should either. It's okay not to like an artist's work. But unless you've sold a platinum album or so, no one has the right to talk about anyone as badly as I've seen people talked about here and other places. This(music) business is a very tough business as I'm sure you well know. You have to give credit to anyone who has been successful in this business because this is one of the most competitive fields of endeavour there is. Sure a few people got lucky, but the vast majority had to work their asses off to get to where they are. And we owe them the respect for doing that whether we like their work or not. We shouldn't talk shit about people anyway. It really shows a lack of class when we talk badly about others. Peace!

Back