How do i save an unfinished beat On FL??

M

MikeReed

I really need your help,most times i have to close my laptop before going out or when i am tired in order for me n0t to lose the beat i am working. . .i want to kn0w if there is a way(a good one though) to save it,leave FL,then come back anytime,load it and continue. . .thanks in advance

save as, export the bones or just plain export the loop package.
save as=regular flp nothin else.
export as bones=save flp along with files this makes remaking old beats easy as nuts.
export to loop package=exactly as name suggests.again, easy as shit :/ this one makes collabs less difficult by a wide margin since the stuff is all there (vsts wont count though)

Ok. . .so saving as .flp file makes me able to load it on piano roll and continue?

Wheeew!!! you guys dont kn0w how much burden you just lifted off of me! thanks bloods! Bless!

And errrrrrrm. . . . . . . after loading it on the piano roll all patterns go to its respective channels right. . .because i foolishly saved as MID file and when i later loaded it,it wasnt producing sound and all the patterns were appearing on one page. . .so starting to kn0w which is which is a tiring problem :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Since you seem to be so absolutely new to this, and even if you weren't, I strongly advice you read the manual at least once so you know how all the basics work and also get an idea of what you can and can't do.

plz must i finish extending my beat on pian0 roll bef0re bringing it to d playlist,cos i hav n0t been using this playlist of a thing

Top left corner, click File then Save As... if you have a demo version you won't be able to re-open your project btw, so don't close FL until you finish it.

Top left corner, click File then Save As... if you have a demo version you won't be able to re-open your project btw, so don't close FL until you finish it.

we had got that far: op is now concerned about shifting from the piano roll to the playlist instead

my only advice - use the piano roll in the pattern section to create lots of small patterns and the string them together in the playlist

better to save as a zipped loop file, that should save any imported sound from places outside of FL

Back