How do I sample a cd?

I went through one of my albums and found something I wanna sample but I have no idea how to do it. I'm playing it straight in my laptop and have Ableton Live 9. Please, help.

Hi Rick,

Could you enter the CD into disc drive and rip the tracks from the CD onto your laptop?

Then obviously you'd have the digital file version which you could open in ableton and do whatever you like with...

No, this is a album. You cant just copy files from an official album cd.

I was pretty sure that iTunes took CD tracks that were ripped and turned them into AAC files. I have a whole collection of files from CD's I've ripped in the past, under a file called iTunes Media.

Other than that I think you'd be looking for a piece of software that can record laptop audio outputs. Are you on a PC or Mac?

you can rip it with any software you like, you not allowed to distribute it liek a store i believe, copying files for your use is legal if that's what you mean.
default mac ripper.
default windwos ripper.
poweriso
nero
daemon
imgburn etc these come to mind when cds are involved.

then put it intoa format ableton reads and you're all set.long story short i do this, which is why i know about the methods :/ get samples how you can get em basically.

get any audio ripper software (I suggest this one) and rip as a wav to your hard drive and then use your samples as you see fit remembering that to make money from this you need to license the samples) first

I don't think Ableton Live has an option to import audio from a CD like Cubase does, so you are going to have to do like the guys suggest and use some other program to rip the tracks off the CD onto your hard drive and then import that shit into Live.

Back