How comes beats arent so simple nowadays?

Itz coz rappers can't hold their own weight anymore , they need really dope and crazy beats for them to make hot joints. Beat Makers are making songs hot not the rappers.

Last edited:
You'll still hear simple beats on the radio. Simplicity doesn't always mean good. Listen to DJ mustard beats. His shit destroys the clubs

Last edited:
the beats in the 90's where more simple because the technology was harder to use.
Almost everybody used MPC's and SP-1200's to make beats in the 90's.
Making a simple filter automation was very hard on these machines. Everything was harder on hardware.
Thats why the compositions where simplistic in Hip-Hop back than.
But back than it was mostly about sampling. And the sample basically already had all the musicality inside the sample you didn't need to add of your own much anymore.

I like to do the old trend of the 90's with samples but now i can add my own melodies with piano rolls inside software. its just easier now to be more complex.
which i think is a good thing for us all. everything is easier now with software.
But Trap isnt really complex at all. Only the drumpatterns are very complex. But the melodies aren't usually.
I think Trap would be a really hot style of Hip-Hop if they used more Boom-Bap type of drums instead of 808s all the time.
Thats what makes it sound corny and played out for the most part probably.

Last edited:
Music is always evolving...you have to pay close attention to 9th Wonder, J-Dilla, and other past myths. Some of there beats were rather simple and some are complex. That is the aspect of music...mystery. :)

Back