Hit Songwriter Rico Love Advice on Music Biz "You should quit now" (Vid)

wordd... real shit, perfect example of hobby producers, how was not working with rico-love enough inspiration for dude to keep going, **** gettin the quick money, havin a rico-love co-sign period means ur going to see $$$, its only a matter time..

i hate to drink the kool-aid with yall, but this dude does have some powerful words of wisdom. I wonder if the guy he was talking about saw this video

and Rico is exactly like he is in these videos lol.. nigga is intense as hell, but he writes them smashes. real hands on in the production process too, unlike some writers who just stamp they name on shit

I'm first gonna go on record to say that I read all the posts before I watched the video just to get an idea of what to expect and I'll say some of y'all need to go watch it again (1/5 were just post-whoring; don't ask me why)

"...this business ain't for people who think it's gonna be easy or it takes too long for them they get frustrated; it's for people who say no matter what it takes I'm gonna make it happen...I'm gonna persevere, I'm gonna strive
if it takes years, if it takes months, if it takes days, hours every night putting in that time I'ma do it"

that's where the advice is

most if not all of us already know this
some of us need to hear it from an outside source just to let us know we're on the right track. If you really want it, it's something you've got to accept.
Some get their foot in the door by luck, some by talent... it's the same as any job. Some people earn their spot at the table while others didn't. All you have to decide is which one are you and how bad you want to secure that spot.
Someone posted something too about not wanting/having to deal with the big 4 and that's another way to skin a cat.
The point is you have to make the effort if it's something you want. I think Rico made that point.
+1 to the OP

One of the hardest things about this game is realizing that you've got to go through Hell to get to Heaven. People don't want to hear that -- and those are the ones who quit.

There are no shortcuts. Plain and simple. Work hard and love what you do.

I'm on my 3rd year and worked wit people i never thought I would...until at least my tenth year. If I stopped now I'd have no regrets I love this game

I think the money factor makes people quit, If you enjoy music truly you wont quit. But if you're keeping up with other peoples possesions and not enjoying the music everytime you read about a producer making it big that you believe you are better you're going to want to quit straight up

Back