Hip Hop Prod. 101 - The Bangin' Beat ! Pt. 1

I remember when i read this back in the day when i was an FP Lurker.

There are a couple of ppl on this site, who have been here for a while... who NEED to re-read this.

Im just sayin tho.

Let's start something new, and maybe some sshhh as well, hope not. From the heart.: I wish I was more technical. I wish I understood everything that the pros do. Many of you here are way ahead of me and I tend to feel insecure because mos of you will prob. never ask me how to do one dang thang. I have strained relations with some friends because I have asked them for so much help. One told me, " i wish I could call you and learn something from you sometimes. Well the other day, like many he called me for a hook, cause I never run out I have over a million, he said so he didnt feel bad about asking for some... How bout that. he didnt think that was anything, but I wont ask him anything else, cause what he told me has been good for me. I wanted to get mad, but I'm more mature now.
But, nobody knows what they don't know until they do.
I do have some good music, but its not copyright registered and I dont know how to post it anyway. Somebody write me and blast my... but. Call tiger woods and ask him how to hit a draw instead of a hook.. lol But, Im serious, but not hurt or mad. love gg

I forgot, Im in this til the death of musc, not me. I want it no matter what. With out me pursuing music There's is not much point in living. I gave up sex for music. Not cause I can't have both. But, with writing music and recording in my life, I don't need much sex. Serious. Older too.
I'm overcoming all odds, forget everybody that says I can't do it. Even you pros have been told that, huh. I wont give up, but, I wont make my problems your problems either.

Last edited:
greatgreat said:
Let's start something new, and maybe some sshhh as well, hope not. From the heart.: I wish I was more technical. I wish I understood everything that the pros do. Many of you here are way ahead of me and I tend to feel insecure because mos of you will prob. never ask me how to do one dang thang. I have strained relations with some friends because I have asked them for so much help. One told me, " i wish I could call you and learn something from you sometimes. Well the other day, like many he called me for a hook, cause I never run out I have over a million, he said so he didnt feel bad about asking for some... How bout that. he didnt think that was anything, but I wont ask him anything else, cause what he told me has been good for me. I wanted to get mad, but I'm more mature now.
But, nobody knows what they don't know until they do.
I do have some good music, but its not copyright registered and I dont know how to post it anyway. Somebody write me and blast my... but. Call tiger woods and ask him how to hit a draw instead of a hook.. lol But, Im serious, but not hurt or mad. love gg

I forgot, Im in this til the death of musc, not me. I want it no matter what. With out me pursuing music There's is not much point in living. I gave up sex for music. Not cause I can't have both. But, with writing music and recording in my life, I don't need much sex. Serious. Older too.
I'm overcoming all odds, forget everybody that says I can't do it. Even you pros have been told that, huh. I wont give up, but, I wont make my problems your problems either.

Jail nigga....................

You gay.

Nope, im just saying music is my life and I wont quit. Even tho some people dont have patience for answering the same question over and over, Ill keep going til I succeed, no matter who says I cant or whatever.
gg

Amen, I first read this post on warbeats.com. I was lead to this site because warbeats got blocked at work, but this one remained viable. Rob, your post was one I read during the very early early stages of my hobby, it gave me inspiration, and led me to where i am now, a few months later, making music that sounds something like hip hop.

Nice Post Man,
You really helped me out, got started on something and wouldnt know how it could go on without soundig dull.
Thx for the post

People say get a real job, you cant make it, grow up, all the negatives that they can conjure up. I choose to live my life different, the way i want to. I started late but im shooting strait target ahead to be great great. gg

Great advice. Treat the beat like a song. In most cases that is the ultimate outcome. Make it sound incredible.

I have tinkered with over 1500 songs over a three year period and this cleans up what Im trying to do. It sounds simple but the back of my head was blown off. This is not to be read. It is for me to study and to apply.
And yes for the getting started section is where it belongs. Cause we are all getting started. After we finish one beat(song), we start another. and I finf myself lost on getting started even though I have done this a lot of times.
Man that is so good for me and I am sure others.
Spread love
gg

You know that's really good advice

It's potent enough to get you started. It also means that until you get it down, it'll take a little bit to make some good beats. I do some of what you mentioned, my only concern now is adding more fullness to my music. I think I just need to listen to more music altogether.

Thank you again,

myspace.com/jadevillaine

Back