Greed vs Fame vs Reality!!! The Reality of the Music Business!!! Important Fact!!!

terry1982

From the beginning, we all witness artist like bone thugs & harmony grow (For example). Have you guys ever notice a pattern with major recognized artist (Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, ETC). In the beginning when they are hungry, artist put they heart into their music. When fans or potential fans hear the music, it creates a buzz for an artist. That's what happen to lil wayne and rick ross (Example). Artist feel like when they really sell records (Fan Base 100% Net Profit earned), there ego's is there worst enemy. Just because the major artists have power, they feel like they run the game. Artist really believe they can change the game.

For example- Lil Wayne- Rebirth (Garbage-Str8 Trash)

I personally believe if creativity was money, the world would be beyond explanation. (Music Industry)

Important Question!!!

Why do artist (Major or Independent) feel that a label is the portal to their success?

Please Think about the question before you answer it!!!! PLEASE!!!

Don't have to think about it, I've known the answer forever.

It's the same reason regular people feel the need to go to college, get out, and go work FOR SOMEONE. If everyone thought like a billionaire, we'd all be broke(cause there's not enough billions to go around). That's why the small percentage of people who do think like and become billionaires will always have workers and drones underneath them working to build their empires.

The money trickles down, but we can't all be leaders or think like one.

And by no means am I implying I think like a billionaire/millionaire. Far from it. Know that's not the path meant for me. Thinking it is the path for you when it isn't is nothing more than arrogance misdiagnosed as ambition. I do know that from personal experience. :cheers:

Last edited:
I have a tangential question for you terry1982, why do you ask this question about labels and such when you are a obviously in the business of A&R - are you doing market research? are you using your various posts and threads and Dorothy Dix-style of question as a cover for a more insidious stealth marketing campaign for your product and brand, as seen in your sigfile?

It happens because people focus and over value the wrong thing, they focus on "the goal" and not "the path"... they don't see that the person you have to become to achieve the goal is FAR more important than the goal in itself.

Last edited:
A rap artist is kind of different in a way. Once you up there its probably smart to get arrogant, show your ego at a certain point...that makes them last longer if done right....it keeps their name out there...sales tactics 101 lol. That cockiness of saying they're better the got the most money etc = ppl comparing that artist to the next artist....You know ppl get easily brainwashed with music...like nah he aint got more money then ___ he not better than ___. When ppl hear stuff enough they start believing it...Kanye is a good example even though a lot of ppl just hate him now and liked him before...he's still in a good standing with his career. If you listen enough you become a fan of them and want to relate with that lifestyle. Rap could be like boxing in a way...if everyone walked around saying yeah I just wanna support my family and donate to children that would get boring fast...but no its competitive...if someone says yeah I'm gonna whoop his ass first round...you'd probably wanna see that match more.

It could work different ways tho...you could sound the most arrogant from the start...50 for example...then try to make less aggressive stuff and ppl don't want to hear that after a while. It takes a lot of moving around and changes if you want the longevity. Negativity usually outdoes positive most of the time sadly.

Last edited:
I have a tangential question for you terry1982, why do you ask this question about labels and such when you are a obviously in the business of A&R - are you doing market research? are you using your various posts and threads and Dorothy Dix-style of question as a cover for a more insidious stealth marketing campaign for your product and brand, as seen in your sigfile?

No, when you on a website that only deals with producing or something to that nature, what is a person more to talk about? Hip hop music or the music industry.

Basically, I'm just trying to learn how to post more appropriately. I been doing this for almost a week and a half. I will get better at posting, but thats all
I have to talk about based on future producers and the content this site has to offer from the different forums.

Note: If this was a website name future cookers, best believe I would be talking about cooking in the future or somewhat to that nature

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Maybe one day I want to become a producer, or an artist. I have a friend thats an artist he needs some beats, so why not ask for beats on future producers. Marketing what. Besides thinking things through and post, How else do you think I should approach a thread? I am not trying to become a future producder. I just love the site and what you guys have to offer. Is there another way I should approach how I post.

Back