google's new youtube comments blow...

attention

commenting on YouTube videos was my main way of interacting with the community and my fans. Honestly I don't want a Google + account, I just want my YouTube account.
If anyone knows a way to get your music out there to the community please let me know.
therealattention - YouTube

Google is trying to force Google + down your throat because nobody wants to use it. This is like their 3rd or 4th social network and none of them have done well.

its actually cool cuz web ninjas can no longer stop by a video just to say, "gay", "wack", or "fag"...we will see how many people have the balls to talk trash when they can be tracked down. Before it was too random now theres meaning behind the comments...they needed to be changed a long time ago really.

its actually cool cuz web ninjas can no longer stop by a video just to say, "gay", "wack", or "fag"...we will see how many people have the balls to talk trash when they can be tracked down. Before it was too random now theres meaning behind the comments...they needed to be changed a long time ago really.
yeah because you can't make 80 fake google accounts lol

You'd rather lose your complete internet privacy than to be called wack?

The Internet is the freest place left in the world. It doesn't need to become some Authoritarian shithole where people get punished for exercising their freedom of speech.

The Internet is the freest place left in the world. It doesn't need to become some Authoritarian shithole where people get punished for exercising their freedom of speech.

I think its more like: If you can't say anything nice then you don't say nothing at all...?

Too many youtube tough guy / cowards anyways.

Last edited:
Its all about data mining intersectionally. They know your work and personal behavior because u probably have a gmail account that u communicate with friends, some business, and personal stuff. Now they know what u like to watch in your free time. Google is building a data profile on a least 5 in 10 people worldwide (and u wonder wide the nsa bugs them). Then they use this info to improve their various products, such as google +. Time to get a new hotmail account.:cool:

Oh ya, I forgot. They own the platform the half of y'all's hot beats are posted on.

Last edited:
You just ignore the negative shit. Simple.

I don't like Google+ social network. I already use enough social networks. Google messed up a good thing with connecting google+ with youtube.

Probably won't even comment anymore. Just watch the videos.

Last edited:

the other side of exercising the right of free speech means accepting responsibility for it - not being afraid to put your name to it - look at everyone here not many folks (myself included) put their real names in their usernames......

Its all about data mining intersectionally. They know your work and personal behavior because u probably have a gmail account that u communicate with friends, some business, and personal stuff. Now they know what u like to watch in your free time. Google is building a data profile on a least 5 in 10 people worldwide (and u wonder wide the nsa bugs them). Then they use this info to improve their various products, such as google +. Time to get a new hotmail account.:cool:

Oh ya, I forgot. They own the platform the half of y'all's hot beats are posted on.

youtube is google is youtube is google + is gmail is google is; well you get the picture

and yes, data mining has been the name of the game since eftpos and other brands of pay with plastic at the checkout have been able to track who you are and what you buy

Last edited:
the other side of exercising the right of free speech means accepting responsibility for it - not being afraid to put your name to it - look at everyone here not many folks (myself included) put their real names in their usernames......

I agree to this to some degree. But If you look at the NSA and their extensive internet operations Google+ would be heaven to them. A database of a very large percentage of internet users, their name, their location, the videos they watch and the list goes on. So If it goes far enough they have a virtual profile of every Internet users real life. And I doubt they wanna know your name to prevent e-beef.. This is high quality information. And the NSA will demand access to prevent terrorism and..I can see it all play out.

They're trying to cripple the individual by owning him and knowing all about him. Its social domination on the internet level.

That's my main concern. But it's also important to combat certain people, who make life difficult for everyone else. I think there should be a healthy balance, but that's never easy to determine. Nothing is good in excess, neither freedom of speech, nor too much control.

which is why I do not log in to google or youtube or anything else unless im wish to make changes to my account settings or upload new material......

I do not need tracks of my searches or music/video watching kept alongside my name

I agree to this to some degree. But If you look at the NSA and their extensive internet operations Google+ would be heaven to them. A database of a very large percentage of internet users, their name, their location, the videos they watch and the list goes on. So If it goes far enough they have a virtual profile of every Internet users real life. And I doubt they wanna know your name to prevent e-beef.. This is high quality information. And the NSA will demand access to prevent terrorism and..I can see it all play out.

They're trying to cripple the individual by owning him and knowing all about him. Its social domination on the internet level.

That's my main concern. But it's also important to combat certain people, who make life difficult for everyone else. I think there should be a healthy balance, but that's never easy to determine. Nothing is good in excess, neither freedom of speech, nor too much control.
You think the US is really interested in stopping terrorists? Considering that our own military have damn near been terrorists for over a decade.

Google's initial strategy backfired when YouTube users decided they didn't want to use something that was forced upon them, now Google is trying to force YouTube users to actually "use" their dormant Google+ accounts.

from the same post

UPDATED 5PM PST: Suffolk County Police department have released a statement explaining their motives for launching the investigation. Their actions were based on an employer tipoff about internet searches, not on NSA internet surveillance. Here's the statement, via TechCrunch:
Suffolk County Criminal Intelligence Detectives received a tip from a Bay Shore based computer company regarding suspicious computer searches conducted by a recently released employee. The former employee's computer searches took place on this employee's workplace computer. On that computer, the employee searched the terms "pressure cooker bombs" and "backpacks."
After interviewing the company representatives, Suffolk County Police Detectives visited the subject's home to ask about the suspicious internet searches. The incident was investigated by Suffolk County Police Department's Criminal Intelligence Detectives and was determined to be non-criminal in nature.

i.e. the NSA had nothing to do with the FBI and the police showing up.......

I hate Google accounts how they link with YouTube maaaan its a damn shame.. I had this old YouTube account, I got like over 50,000 views on some of the videos, I can't for nothing get up in that account. I just got irritated and started a new account.. the old videos are still up on that abandoned account, but I don't know why the hell it they changed it all up..

I don't think we have to worry as much about the Big Brother of government as much as the Big Brother of online advertising. Expect more targeted SPAM.

They've been trying to get me to combine my old Youtube account and my google plus account for almost a year now. I've clicked no each time. They do not care lol

as long as they continue to allow you to opt out it is not a problem; when they force you to change then it becomes an issue of your right to privacy being dictated to you (you have no choice you must use the umbrella to use this service; means that you no longer say how your private data is used)

Back