Getting new sounds

MikeEffay

I'm looking for a resource of sounds for my FL Studio. I have a hard time determining whether a pack is useful for me or not, based on it's description. I'm looking for some good hip hop/rap packs. Since i'm not really into using loops, I guess i just want a pack with some quality samples. I don't mind paying, if I get a good deal.

Also, why are people using the term "one-shots" in the description of sound packs, rather than specifing the material?

I'm a beginner, and I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a resource of sounds for my FL Studio. I have a hard time determining whether a pack is useful for me or not, based on it's description. I'm looking for some good hip hop/rap packs. Since i'm not really into using loops, I guess i just want a pack with some quality samples. I don't mind paying, if I get a good deal.

Also, why are people using the term "one-shots" in the description of sound packs, rather than specifing the material?

sent you a Private Message on places to find sound for FL Studio

one-shot refers to sounds that have a length beyond any specific duration that are used as isolate hits: a lot of drum and percussion samples are really one-shot sample, as they have start, length and decay characteristics that do not allow them to sit as specific duration sounds:

for example a guiro is a scrape up or down a ridged bed, they can take any amount of time to execute and are usually notated to be long or short without much additional information. If you were to use a guiro sample you might also need to set it up so that it was an exclusive trigger (it stops the previous sound when triggered again)

another example is a gong: when hit is sounds the impact and then rings for an extended time - the time to decay is a independent of how hard the gong is hit

as for the rest of your query

the only way you can know if a pack will suit your style is to use it and accept or reject

good luck

Back