General Sh-t

they didn't blur the face in the UK...what up with that????....cut out the swear words tho'...but i expected that ...group was tight tho'....singers also...had a dude doing all the effects...proper!!

They blurred it on his shirt on the CD cover

at least on the one I saw- I borrowed it from a fan and took most of the trax. one atlien

I guess it's the fear of communism as usual. But why a major cappo like jigga would wear a Che shirt beats me, man. I have a hard time seeing him start a guerilla war against the Bolivian army, it's just not enough bling bling in it for Carter.

Maybe he

just wore it because it looked nice.....i don't think he knows the history behind it??...then again...maybe he does and trying to make katz think for a while????.....i dunno??

one.

The Roots

Probably told him to put that shirt on. They may have explained the significance, but they are way ahead of industry rappers-listen to their lyrics.

They were the driving force behind a lot of conscience voices we hear today.

I only recently heard about their association to lina, india irie, and a lot of other soul artists. i knew 'bout jill scott from the roots live album, which was hot a few years ago.

that's why i like them-they are musicians and artists first-rappers second, but you'd never know it 'cuz the skills is so tight!

one atlien

True

It was a decent performance but it would`ve have been nice to see JAZ rhyming on the Jigga What song.Jaz gave birth to Jay Z and should be paid respect.I would`ve have like to hear You Don`t Know and more of his first album.I wonder if NAS would get a chance to rep with the Roots? Probably not.I also would`ve liked to hear Marcy Son but be happy for whatever true hip hop we can get.

Roots is tight...all that soulaquarian sh-t is tight as 'ell....Nas would have been cool as well...but he would have to rock plenty off Illmatic...cause to me his beats don't bounce as well....but it would still be tight..what we need is a "pay per view" face-off...bring this drama to an end:D

Peace God!!!

Yo Flare,

Just wanted to give you dap on all the work you put into this board.Especially with the MK idea and it`s upkeep.You are faced with posting other kats verses as well as having your posted.Nuff respect and hopefully we can keep this thread pumping!!

peace

Peace God

thanks for that Kid....i'm catching hella heat from peeps as well....but i stay focused!!!!:D

onwards & upwards!!!!!!

one:)

yeah big up flare.BUT IM PHUCKED RIGHT OFF ABOUT THIS DEFAULT BOLLOX.

You know I cant get on line everyday.....I cant type full on essay's due to my positioning , I have to trek to the net cafe...and I wasnt even entirely sure if I was to battle PRAY cos he wasnt even signed up.

So now Im out yeah? when can I get back in? :mad:

i knew that ya had some trouble and ting....i said that earlier...i dunno know because the date was set....depends on what the masses say and also on how pray feels?????...cause he would have to go again???

i need other katz opinons on this???

I know vaguely about Trouble's situation at work and with her internet connection, and I'd be OK to let her submit her thing, if Pray's willing to go at it again.

Dunno, more people's opinions? I feel for Trouble cuz I know all about sh!t-for-brain bosses at work.

I understand there are rules but to default that wack man cos you aint battling, someone just steps through and then a verse is wasted init!! Whatever...Ill be here for the next round. :rolleyes: :(

i think that it may have to be settled on what Pray thinks...but this can open a can or worms cause everyone else that didn't make it will want the same justice????....just a thought.

well, honestly, they haven't contested yet so it's not likely they even will. Kwest, for instance, knew very well the end date and to which adress to send his submission, but he has chose not to contest. If Pray is up for it, maybe we could set a deadline for Trouble and Pray's new flows to, like, Saturday THIS WEEK or so.
If Flare's not able to post during the weekend, maybe they could mail their flows to me?

Hmm true...dem mans knew the deadline....well if Prays up for it then it can work.....yea...it would have to be your addy...cause i'm not around this wkend....got husband duties

one.:)

Some rules have to be broken for the good of the thread!

Both Pray and T both are so good, their battle should be commenced/resolved somehow.

one atlien

oh yeah I dont want no special treatment , If I can bus then so should everyone that defaults, but you are right they did know the deadline! I know its my own fault...but PRAY should be up for it!! :)

oh yeah, i have no problem with

everyone who defaulted getting a shot, but come on; those guys didn't post cuz they scared, pathetic; give 'em a second chance:

i bet they won't take it

one atlien

Back